[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to all for your replies.... My fabric is ready. My templates are ready.
    Not planning on going outside anytime soon as we are averaging 105 degrees here in Arizona !
    ONWARD....

Pattie

Comment

Thanks to all for your replies.... My fabric is ready. My templates are ready.
      Not planning on going outside anytime soon as we are averaging 105 degrees here in Arizona !
      ONWARD....

Pattie

Comment

Helen, I think you mentioned in one of your posts that you planned to machine quilt this in quarters How do you plan to alter the blocks so that can be done? I'm thinking of how Georgia Bonesteel's method worked - is that what you are planning? It sure sounds like a good idea to me.

Comment

Beverly (NanaPie), Yes, I did mention that I plan to quilt my Afternoon Delight in sections. I subscribe to Bluprint and have Marti Michelle's video Machine Quilting in Sections.
          She has a variety of ways to do different kinds of quilts. I am thinking I will probably go with Single Finishing Strips and Encased Seams on Borders techniques. I can't
          remember how Georgia Bonsteel did it, but I am thinking it was probably single finishing strips on the back. Marti has her book on Amazon. I included a screenshot.
          Also, there are a number of you tubes on machine quilting in sections. If you bring up Marti 's promo for her book, in the side bar are a number of other quilters that
          have videos. Should be an interesting experiment. HelenW

Comment

Beverly (NanaPie), Yes, I did mention that I plan to quilt my Afternoon Delight in sections. I subscribe to Bluprint and have Marti Michelle's video Machine Quilting in Sections.
            She has a variety of ways to do different kinds of quilts. I am thinking I will probably go with Single Finishing Strips and Encased Seams on Borders techniques. I can't
            remember how Georgia Bonsteel did it, but I am thinking it was probably single finishing strips on the back. Marti has her book on Amazon. I included a screenshot.
            Also, there are a number of you tubes on machine quilting in sections. If you bring up Marti 's promo for her book, in the side bar are a number of other quilters that

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the information, Helen. I think this is the route I'm going to go. I just finished quilting the 2014 BOM with my Bernina 1230, and my Sweet 16, but I want to experiment with ruler work (I am the queen of meandering!) and feel doing this quilt in quarters would be easier to handle and ups the odds of my being happy with straight lines! We shall see! Thank you for giving us the idea.

Comment

Patti (Catalinaquilter), You asked what I was planning for a border, and really had not thought about it. This morning I tried a couple ideas in EQ 8. It is not applique friendly
                      when it comes to applique, so I had to pick some that were already programmed into the software, but you might be able to get the idea. The white square was because I
                      am out of time so they would be filled with applique blocks. This is just to start getting me thinking about it. If i do more I will post it for you. HelenW

Comment

Helen, is this a queen-sized version?

Comment

Helen,
                          This was so thoughtful for you to post. It is a beautiful design. The size is perfect for what I was wanting for our spare bedroom.
                          Thx again!
                          Pattie

Comment

Beverly, (NanaPie) Not sure about the queen size version that you asked about. If the blocks are 6.75 finished and I had 8 blocks across and 10 down; and the
                            border is the same size block, I think it would measure 67.5 by 81. But I could be off, so figure the math your self. A queen mattress top plus the drop you want on
                            the sides would determine what size you want. If you have a specific size in inches, let me know and maybe I can figure it out. The measurements are different
                            for on point versus horizontal layout of blocks. The original quilt is (on point) is 85 by 85. Hope this helps. HelenW

Comment

The straight set that I laid out finishes 86x86, including borders (1" and 4.5"). It's 11 blocks square. You can see it at https://thequiltshow.com/forum/bom-2020-afternoon-delight/8983-color-and-layout-check. I'm still learning EQ, so my colors are not so pretty yet.

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=148834
                              Beverly, (NanaPie) Not sure about the queen size version that you asked about. If the blocks are 6.75 finished and I had 8 blocks across and 10 down; and the
                              border is the same size block, I think it would measure 67.5 by 81. But I could be off, so figure the math your self. A queen mattress top plus the drop you want on
                              the sides would determine what size you want. If you have a specific size in inches, let me know and maybe I can figure it out. The measurements are different
                              for on point versus horizontal layout of blocks. The original quilt is (on point) is 85 by 85. Hope this helps. HelenW

Comment

Thank you Diane and Helen! The layout you posted, Diane, will have the dimensions I need for my son and his wife.. She is so excited about this quilt. Both of you are great helps showing ideas through EQ8. Thank you!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 31 users online. 0 members and 31 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X