[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finished the July appliques and moving on to the 9 patches. I'm enjoying all the different appliques.

Comment

I love all of the applique blocks but my time is limited so I decided to do stack 'n whack blocks instead. I searched several times on line for a large print fabric with the colors I wanted, but settled for a fabric I already had. I plan to remake some of the shoo fly blocks to better match these colors.

And I finished piecing my granddaughter's t-shirt quilt and it now has a light gray border and is waiting for the minky fabric she wants for the back. There was so much t-shirt fabric left that my grandson is making at least 5 jump ropes and I've cut squares for a lap quilt and doll quilts for a great grandniece. The dozen quilts I planned to quilt in the past few months are still waiting.

I purchased some Grafix Cling Vinyl for another purpose and discovered it also works on the back of rulers for less slippage and is less expensive than what we usually use. I plan on putting it on all of my rulers that don't already have a non-slip finish. I don't like the non-slip rulers that don't slide easily.

Comment

Annis, Interesting approach/solution to fit your time availability. Looking forward to seeing stack n whack with shoo fly blocks. Thanks for sharing!
        -Terri

Comment

Annis - just out of curiosity , do you cover the entire back of the ruler with the Grafix?

Comment

I cut it about 1/4" smaller than the ruler.

Comment

Your blocks are fabulous & a wonderful idea.

Comment

Here are my next six blocks. I made minor alterations to two of the blocks .

Comment

Loving these applique

blocks,made reverse ones too. Gave up on the 9 patch blocks, life's too short! I'll figure out another way to connect them maybe later.

Comment

Heather, a few of the Sunday Sew and Sews are making plain 9 Patches--not double. That will work and still give the diagonal line look.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Heather7 - I love the color combination of your blocks.

Comment

Hello from Germany.I am a new member and i started immediately with the gorgeous BOM.I hope to catch up to month 7.

Comment

LJKN52, Beautiful blocks!

Comment

Heather,
                            Beautiful color choices!

Comment

Quiltermine,
                              Welcome to TQS!
                              Your blocks are beautiful. What kind of applique are you doing?
                              I also admired the quilts in your profile picture. They are stunning. Beautiful design and beautiful quilting.
                              How do you like your HQ? I am pondering getting a long arm.. but don't know which one.

Judy Austin (in Virginia where we are having a big heat wave.)

Comment

Thank you Judith. I do needle turn applique.I am very pleased with my HQ.
                                I have to orient myself in this forum.I am a little bit overwhelmed.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 21 users online. 0 members and 21 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X