[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://thequiltshow.com/forum/this-and-that-quilting-related/8994-kaffe-mystery-quilt-learn-with-alex

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Jupergee -- Thank you very much! A lot of circle practice took place.....

Comment

Chrys,
        WOW!!! You blocks are wonderful. Beautifully designed and well executed. They inspire me.

Judy

Comment

Judith A

Thank you for your kind words. Your positive comments encourage all of us working on this BOM. Thank you for the tips you have shared with the group!

Comment

July applique blocks finished and I have 20 of the nine patch block done with four ready to sew. Trying to stay caught up...and keep up with the Alex’s Kaffe mystery... and other projects waiting for attention. Too many patterns, too much fabric (not really) and not enough hours in a day! Afternoon Delight has been a wonderful diversion to a very strange year. Looking ahead to more BOM fun in 2021.
            -Terri

Comment

July and August blocks, and now it's back to school for me. Been making plenty of masks. Next couple of weekends I'll try to work on my nine patch blocks.

Comment

When they updated the site I was hoping posting would be more user friendly.

Comment

Getting there

Comment

Originally posted by "Meegwat" post=148683
                    When they updated the site I was hoping posting would be more user friendly.
                    The new site is coming fairly soon.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Meegwat -- That looks amazing!

Comment

Ellenceleste love your fun fabric. Can’t wait to see more of this. How many backgrounds are you using?

Comment

Helen,
                          After making over 1,000 masks... I am finally jumping in (better late than never) to the 2020 BOM...(my first BOM)
                          I have been reviewing all the comments, pictures, etc from everbody and I thought I was ready....Until I saw your horizontal vs on point blocks and fell in love with the the secondary design.
                          QUESTION: I bought the original kit with fabric. Do you think I will have enough fabric to create a 9 x 10 block top ? What type of border are you planing?
                          ALL the quilt blocks have been so inspiring. Thx
                          Pattie

Comment

I posted a layout for an horizontal set at https://thequiltshow.com/forum/bom-2020-afternoon-delight/8983-color-and-layout-check. it's 11x11 I noted the difference in number of blocks in the post as well - it was pretty minor. I'm working from my stash, so can't say for certain regarding the kit, but knowing the block counts could help you figure it out.

Diane

Originally posted by "CatalinaQuilter" post=148726
                            Helen,
                            After making over 1,000 masks... I am finally jumping in (better late than never) to the 2020 BOM...(my first BOM)
                            I have been reviewing all the comments, pictures, etc from everbody and I thought I was ready....Until I saw your horizontal vs on point blocks and fell in love with the the secondary design.
                            QUESTION: I bought the original kit with fabric. Do you think I will have enough fabric to create a 9 x 10 block top ? What type of border are you planing?
                            ALL the quilt blocks have been so inspiring. Thx
                            Pattie

Comment

Originally posted by "CatalinaQuilter" post=148726
                              QUESTION: I bought the original kit with fabric. Do you think I will have enough fabric to create a 9 x 10 block top ?
                              Pattie
                              You will definitely have enough of the Darker prints for a 9 x 10 layout. The lighter ones that are used for appliqué background and in the pieced blocks may need a supplement. The great thing about this quilt and kit is how easy it is to add your own fabrics if needed. Anything that looks like the originals will work. Just sprinkle them throughout the quilt. And you can always check in advance to see how many blocks you can make with what you have left—calculate how many of those lights you can cut into the sizes needed.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Catalina Quilter, Barbara answered your question about fabric. I am glad she did, because I would have had to say I did not know the answer to the question.
                                So far I have not got to thinking about a border. I have got way off track on this project because I decided to play along with the Kaffe Mystery quilt doing it in the
                                virtual world of EQ8, and since I am a more of an earth tone and gem stone color person. No Kaffe in my stash. If I come up with some ideas for my border I will post them
                                so you can see. Be sure to post your progress. We are all having so much fun, HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 44 users online. 0 members and 44 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X