SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Beautiful..

This is the place to show off your blocks all year.

To Add Photos:

Reply to this Topic
    Write something about your progress
    Go to Attachments, Add File
    Select the Photos from your computer or device, adding one at a time

Now you can hit Submit--photos will be posted as Attachments to your post

If you want the photos Inserted in the body of your post, Select Insert after you add the file
    The first one I attached, the second I inserted--so you can see the difference.

Let us see what you are doing--it's all part of the Journey.

I recommend you Preview before hitting Submit--to check spelling, etc.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara,
      I love the way your Shoo Fly block with the 4 square on point has the background color for two of the pieces. It gives the block a whole new look.
      Just love it. HelenW

Comment

Dumb luck beats prior planning! Thanks, Helen.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

This may not be the right place to ask questions, but I just read through month one. Using your own fabrics did you make a fabric chart with scraps of fabric naming them B1, B2, B3, etc. and P1, P2, P3 etc?

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I check the Forum frequently to catch all questions, so no worries. You are more likely to get answers from others about specific months if you post on the Topic called Month 1, etc.

Using scraps I did not make a chart--anything that works for the size needed was fair game. I didn't worry which fabrics were used where--this quilt is so scrappy, you will never be able to tell which blocks were made in Month 1 and which in later Months. And if you run out of one red, any other red will work just as well!

The methodical quilter among us probably will designate a number to each fabric--that certainly works too. Do whatever you are comfortable with.and that makes you happy.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

My colours will be browns and white, which is a huge challenge for me as I usually use bright colours, I keep thinking well I could add this colour or that colour but NO I am staying strong....... lol lol, it is a gift for my brother.

p.s. I am working on 4 BOMs for 2020....wish me luck okay lol

Taree NSW - Australia
              My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Wow. I am impressed. Looks great

Taree NSW - Australia
                My motto in life: live by the three GGG’s - be Grateful, be Gracious, be Gorgeous to yourself

Comment

Are you using the same background for all your blocks? I am thinking of making mine scrappy but only use one background.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

Yes only white, but using whatever white on white or plain white I have in my stash, if I run out I will just by some more of whatever I can find.

FYI for the 4 patch ages ago, I bought a cheap jelly roll of mixed white on whites, they were not exactly 2 1/2 wide but I thought one day I could use them, well with the 1 1/4 X 5-inch strips I am using this jelly roll and cutting down, quick and easy and not worried about the waste as only cost me AUS $7.00 per jelly roll of 45 strips (US$4.92).

I am also using for the 2 1/2 square then cut into triangles, as they need to be trimmed if the strip is off a bit does not matter.

On the day of purchase, I did unroll and let soak for a few hours in light soapy water then gently rinsed and laid on the lawn to dry, this was to avoid any shrinkage, just to be sure due to the cheap price.

Just make sure you have the four patch running the same direction.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

That's beautiful! I'm so impressed that you've gotten them done already. I've been on a plane all day and just sat down to look at the instructions.

Comment

Thank you Ellen, don't forget to watch Barbra's video, it reminded me.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

It’s fun to watch the progress everyone makes, but it’s also fun to put a real profile face with a name.
                          Hope y’all will consider coming out of hiding! :kiss:

PS. I’m still learning my way around this new-to-me web site since I haven’t been here for so long! :unsure:
                          I’m trying to get it all figured out!

It's Not What You Gather, But What You Scatter
                          That Tells What Kind Of Life You Have Lived !

Comment

Margo, I looked at my profile photo and thought it must be years old, BUT if I change it you will not recognize me lol lol lol

Okay will take the leap and update the photo lol lol

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

wow have you finished all these. what a challenge, but they look gorgeous.
                              btw im in Brisbane, I was born and raised in Toronto lake Macquarie though.

Taree NSW - Australia

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 78 users online. 0 members and 78 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X