[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barbara, Since you have already finished an Afternoon Delight quilt, can you give us some tips on which way to press the seams? Even to the very end when sewing the rows together. Thx. Karen.

Comment

I did write this about pressing the two pieced blocks:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/03/afternoon-delight-month-6-early-release.html

Does this help?

Seeing these photos so big— I need to do some assertive pressing before I baste this and quilt it. Plan to do that this week so your timing with this question is excellent.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Yes, this helps. Thank you very much for the info, and for your quick reply. Karen

Comment

Thank you, Barbara, for sharing this! I have been sewing, sewing, sewing on the nine patch groups, and today finally have all the strip combinations sewn and cut in 1 1/4 increments. So, tomorrow begins sewing the nine-patches together. I have completed all of the applique released up to this date, and the shoo-fly blocks. I have to tell you, all the time this has taken has surely made the short time you and your friends put this quilt together all the more impressive!!! I appreciate all of your comments/pictures/guidance this year! Beverly

Comment

My Afternoon Delight quilt top is finished. It was made with antique fabrics from the 1870’s. It was purchased at an antique show last summer in a wooden crate.

Comment

Very, very pretty, Vintagelady.

Comment

vintagelady

Beautiful quilt top! What a treasure to be able to use vintage fabrics for your project!

Comment

August blocks are done

Electrons are not happy today.... The second block will not load. One out of two will be good

Comment

Thanks so much for asking this question. I had no idea how to get a border to fit. Now I do!

Comment

(Trying again.... One file did not go through the first time)

August blocks are done

Comment

Trying to load second August block individually.

Comment

Second August block

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

My August and September applique blocks.

Comment

Finally finished all the 9 patch blocks.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19 users online. 0 members and 19 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X