[vb_main_1]

Tree ideas

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree ideas

I’m jumping ahead a bit....made brown fusible bias for tree trunks & now experimenting with dif shapes & fabrics for the trees. I won’t make any decisions til I see what Wendy & Barbara have planned for us.
    KANDY

I like the direction you have gone here! Would you over lap the treetops? That would give a nice effect if doable.

Since I'm doing my quilt with wool on linen, I've jumped ahead myself and have been working on trees. This is what I've got so far.
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Comment

• midnight33
      midnight33 commented
      Editing a comment
      I love seeing your beautiful woolwork Carole, you inspire me
      Last edited by midnight33; 03-24-2021, 09:36 AM.

• Susanqui
      Susanqui commented
      Editing a comment
      Love the flower boxes

Originally posted by midnight33 View Post
    I’m jumping ahead a bit....made brown fusible bias for tree trunks & now experimenting with dif shapes & fabrics for the trees. I won’t make any decisions til I see what Wendy & Barbara have planned for us.
    Midnight33, Love your scalloped tree semi-circle idea. It looks really good. I would be tempted to put some windows in some of the the
    trees. Just shapes that lets you see the sky background in a couple places. You have the blue behind the green tree tops
    so you cut do cut away work or if you wanted a fast easy way you could just put some fusible on a piece of the sky fabric, cut
    out sky shapes like looking thru branches of the tree to see the sky. Then edge stitch it. Since you are just playing around, and
    waiting for Barbara's video and instructional help it would be fun to continue to experiment. Love the way your creative mind works.

I am posting a picture of my trees that I posted a while back but I figure quilters would like to see option together in one area. So here it is again.
    HelenW
    Last edited by HelenW; 03-22-2021, 01:19 PM. Reason: photo

Comment

• midnight33
      midnight33 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Helen, I’ll def try having some sky peek through~great suggestion! I’m thinking machine appliqué pieces on each ‘2 house’ section, maybe with a decorative stitch.

Really love the embroidery and wool. I might need to make one too. Beautiful!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 130 at 05:26 AM on 03-29-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
    Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
    X