[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

My goodness you all are so much further along, just having fun with the applique blocks, finished August, Yay!

Comment

I realized I didn't post in July. I finished my applique blocks and 10 double Nine- patch blocks (not all in the photo).

Comment

My progress so far on Afternoon Delight. Need a whole lot more double nine patch blocks... HelenW

Comment

Helen W

Looking very pretty!

Comment

Using Afternoon Delight blocks in another project. I love taking part of one pattern and putting it together with another pattern, and playing around
            with different sizes. This time I went with flannel and black kona cotton. Did the Over and Down Under pattern half size and then plan a border of Afternoon
            Delight blocks around the edges. May do more, just deciding as I go. HelenW

Comment

Helen W
              That’s a beautiful idea. I saw that down under pattern a few weeks ago. Looks like fun. Again, just beautiful.

Comment

August applique blocks completed - despite the heat wave!

Comment

Lovely

Comment

My August blocks. I'm making progress on the additional Shoo Fly blocks for the layout Diane showed - only three more to go - then on to the gazillion nine patches!

Comment

Beverly your blocks are beautiful, sending you hugs and love xxx

Comment

Thank you, Pemela! This quilt is going to go to my son and daughter-in-love when completed. She loves orange/green/royal blue/taupe colors, and I've had fun pulling the fabrics together. I've surprised myself by being able to find the right combinations of fabrics in my stash pretty much. It feels good to use up some stash too. Hugs and love to you too!

Comment

Nana Pie,

This will be quite the special gift for your son and daughter-in-law!

Comment

Ricky Tims new pattern might have the perfect border for the Afternoon Delight quilters that plan to do a horizontal rather than on point layout and plan to do a border.
                            I plan to order Ricky's pattern, and when I looked at that border I thought I might be able to use that also in my Afternoon Delight quilt. The little nine patch in the flying geese would look great as a border since the body has all those little nine patches in the main body of the quilt. I did not ask permission to post Ricky's quilt picture here so if
                            that is a problem Barbara Black you can just delete this post. Would not want to cause any problems. HelenW

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=149408
                              Ricky Tims new pattern might have the perfect border for the Afternoon Delight quilters that plan to do a horizontal rather than on point layout and plan to do a border.
                              I plan to order Ricky's pattern, and when I looked at that border I thought I might be able to use that also in my Afternoon Delight quilt. The little nine patch in the flying geese would look great as a border since the body has all those little nine patches in the main body of the quilt. I did not ask permission to post Ricky's quilt picture here so if
                              that is a problem Barbara Black you can just delete this post. Would not want to cause any problems. HelenW

Great idea! I am with Ricky today and he wholeheartedly approves of this idea. I have a Tutorial on my blog on how to make pieced borders fit if you need help.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Thank you Barbara, I went to your blog and the area for tutorials and found the tutorial on using floater borders to make pieced borders fit. It is excellent.
                                All quilters need this in their tool box. I hope everyone who reads this post goes to your website and takes the time to read it. Another coincidence , you learned it from
                                Sue Garman and here I am wanting to use it to adapt a Sue Garman quilt pattern and using her technique to do. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18 users online. 0 members and 18 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X