[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is month 4, was happy with each one but together, eh; this months will knock you out, working on them now. Took a picture of all together with extra ones I made up will post that with month 5. More fun than mask duty :lol:

Comment

Helen W

Your blocks and variation used in Block 19 are lovely!

Comment

May applique blocks are done. When Barbara Black said that Sue Garman liked

it when people added their own touch to
        her patterns. I immediately thought, time to put a little Helen flavor to the blocks. Had a great time modifying the applique
        this month. I put some of my double nine patch with this months applique to show the look I am going for. Trying to get
        a secondary design by putting all blocks horizontal rather than on point. Having fun. HelenW

Comment

Working to catch up with the applique blocks. April's set is completed. It's been lovely to see everyone's fabric choices for this BOM.

Comment

Chrys, your fussy cutting is great! Nice blocks.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Chrys,
              I really like your applique blocks. They look great.
              If you don't mind, I would like to know a little more about them. What method are you using? What fabric lines are you using?

Mine are slowly getting done. I have 10 applique blocks done so far.

Judy

Comment

Thank you very much, Judith A. Yes, the applique blocks are also slowly getting done on this end.

Mainly 1800s era reproduction fabrics are being used for this quilt. I've always loved them and have acquired bits and pieces over time. Some of them have been lying in wait for years

I've been using different hand applique methods. I hesitate to sound like a commercial, but these two products have been used often for these blocks:
                Karen Kay Buckley's circle templates
                Quilters Select Print & Piece Fuse Lite for prepping more fiddly pieces with Appliquick tools and a fabric glue stick

Comment

Thank you, Chrys.
                  I am trying different hand applique methods too. Lot of learning going on here. It takes longer, but that is okay.

I am trying to use fabrics in this quilt that I think are 18th century reproduction, but I am not really sure what 18th century fabrics are supposed to look like. I stressed over that at first, but not anymore. Life is too short!

Happy quilting,
                  Judy

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                    Hopefully here are my applique blocks so far - I was way behind at the beginning, but I'm all caught up now.

Comment

Well, that clearly didn't work - trying again...

Comment

I found it difficult to keep up at the beginning of the year as I was involved in a quilt exhibition here in The Netherlands. Now that everything has been stopped for a while, I am all caught up!
                        Beverley

Comment

BeverleyB, your blocks look great!

Comment

Beautiful blocks, Beverley!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

For the moment I am caught up with my applique blocks. I am really enjoying making this quilt. I'm working in all that I can of Edyta Sitar fabrics in my stash - mostly from her Jelly Bean collection. I became a fan of hers when TQS aired her show and we did the big HST exchange. Now to move on and begin my nine patch blocks.
                              I really don't know why my picture is upside down!

Comment

NanaPie, your blocks are beautiful!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 41 users online. 0 members and 41 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X