[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm finished with mine too, djane. Doesn't it feel GOOD?!! Now working on September's applique blocks.

Comment

Djane and NanaPie great job. I'm envious yours are finished. I'm diligently plugging away at them and might be finished with this month's before October as we are about to leave for a two week houseboat trip. By then, I'll be ready to quilt again.

Comment

August blocks.

Comment

September done!

Comment

September applique blocks done!

Comment

Barbara Black, I enjoyed the latest blog you wrote about your quilting the red, white and blue Afternoon Delight. It is great advice and examples for those who
              choose to do their own quilting. I loved the pumpkin seeds in the off white patches of the the double nine patch. What color thread did you use for the diagonal straight lines
              in the little nine patches.I can see the quilting design but not the thread color. Is it dark monofilament? I took my sewing machine in for service and cleaning 3 weeks ago
              and I am hoping to get it back next week. The sewing machine tech said every person that owned and old sewing machine has dug them out of the closets and need to
              make masks. Most of them need to be serviced and he has been over his head in maintenance and repairs. Guess I should be glad just to get it done. Any chance you
              could post your quilting pictures of the red, white and blue Afternoon Delight here on the forum. That way people that are just checking in to see what is recent will see
              them. They are great. HelenW

Comment

Helen asked about the thread colors I used while quilting my smaller version of Afternoon Delight.
                The white for Stitch in the Ditch is Microquilter 100 wt by Superior, color #7002 White. This was also used on the pumpkin seed motifs in the white squares and to echo quilt around the applique shapes. .
                The diagonal lines through the small red and blue squares is Quilters Select 60 wt, #0198--a deep red.
                The curvy swirly spirals in the 1" blue border is Quilters Select 60 wt, #0367, a royal blue.
                The bobbin thread is Superior's Bottom Line, #621, a creamy white that disappeared on the back of my quilt.

Since my machine quilting is still "in development", I prefer matching thread to minimize seeing wobbles and ooops. I don't use monofilament, though I should try it again to see if I like it. I have both Superior's Monopoly and Wonderfil on hand.
                Here is a link to my blog on this quilt, in case you don't follow me:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/09/ruler-work.html

The December 1 blog will have a lot of ideas for finishing our Afternoon Delight quilts with more photos of this smaller quilt and my original sample made to test the pattern last year.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                North Alabama, USA
                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Helen asked about the thread colors I used while quilting my smaller version of Afternoon Delight.
                  The white for Stitch in the Ditch is Microquilter 100 wt by Superior, color #7002 White. This was also used on the pumpkin seed motifs in the white squares and to echo quilt around the applique shapes. .
                  The diagonal lines through the small red and blue squares is Quilters Select 60 wt, #0198--a deep red.
                  The curvy swirly spirals in the 1" blue border is Quilters Select 60 wt, #0367, a royal blue.
                  The bobbin thread is Superior's Bottom Line, #621, a creamy white that disappeared on the back of my quilt.

Since my machine quilting is still "in development", I prefer matching thread to minimize seeing wobbles and ooops. I don't use monofilament, though I should try it again to see if I like it. I have both Superior's Monopoly and Wonderfil on hand.

The December 1 blog will have a lot of ideas for finishing our Afternoon Delight quilts with more photos of this smaller quilt and my original sample made to test the pattern last year.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

North Alabama, USA

Comment

North Alabama, USA

Comment

North Alabama, USA

Comment

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Finished the appliqué for September and I have done 43 nine patch blocks. So I have posted a random but more recent selection since I haven't posted for a while. I congratulate those of you who have gotten all those pesky nine patch blocks finished.
                            Ginny

Comment

Tried a layout to see how things are developing. How many more double nine patch I need, and to see if I think I will like the 9 patch flying geese idea.
                              The idea of making a border of 9 patch flying geese came from Ricky Tims new book. He uses the border, and you can see it on the cover picture.
                              I bought the book, but thought I would adjust the size to be the same size as the blocks in Afternoon Delight. I drew it up in EQ8 and then redrew the
                              geese lines so the points float. That way I don't accidentally cut off any points. A few photos of what I am doing. Having fun, and so glad to get my
                              sewing machine back after not having it for month due to the long line up waiting to have its yearly service and check up. HelenW

Comment

Helen, I love what you've got going on here!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 17 users online. 0 members and 17 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X