[vb_main_1]

templates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

templates

I moved the first of the year but I had ordered the fabric kit. Now when I opened it i didnt find any directions or the templates. So could someone please point me to the templates. And did I say I was 82 so I am not the brightest light anymore. lol
    Jan

Originally posted by runningrhonda View Post
    I moved the first of the year but I had ordered the fabric kit. Now when I opened it i didnt find any directions or the templates. So could someone please point me to the templates. And did I say I was 82 so I am not the brightest light anymore. lol
    Jan
    Jan, At the top of your screen you will see LEARN. Click on it. Then on the left side of the screen you will see BLOCK OF THE MONTH. Click on it. The first one that comes up is Color MY World. Click on it, then scroll down. The pattern directions and templates are at the bottom. Be sure to watch all the videos before you start cutting any thing. There are tons of posts on
    this project. Read thru those also. If you have questions and you can't find the answers, post them. HelenW

Comment

Comment

Barbara,
        I read through using the templates for background fabric month 1. I can see that you explain why to use them and it makes sense to me. I understand the reason for the larger vs. the smaller template, but unsure how to cut them. Once I get the wof strip cut do I print the template on freezer paper, press them to the strip and use that to cut the shapes?

Also, I watched the show on Colour my World and in it you describe cutting 3 1/2" strips from each fabric except 2 greens the black and white which you say would leave 21 fabrics to cut the strips from. I ended up with 24 fabrics. I looked through them and thought maybe the blue 1/2 yards and duckling fabric maybe should be left out to get to the 21 number you are talking about. Could you elaborate. Thank you for all the help you are giving

Comment

Originally posted by beagle View Post
          Barbara,
          I read through using the templates for background fabric month 1. I can see that you explain why to use them and it makes sense to me. I understand the reason for the larger vs. the smaller template, but unsure how to cut them. Once I get the wof strip cut do I print the template on freezer paper, press them to the strip and use that to cut the shapes?

Also, I watched the show on Colour my World and in it you describe cutting 3 1/2" strips from each fabric except 2 greens the black and white which you say would leave 21 fabrics to cut the strips from. I ended up with 24 fabrics. I looked through them and thought maybe the blue 1/2 yards and duckling fabric maybe should be left out to get to the 21 number you are talking about. Could you elaborate. Thank you for all the help you are giving
          Arlene, I didn’t use the two blues and two greens in my Small Houses but found there was plenty of those to allow for cutting a 3.5” strip. We also added the Duckling yellow to the Kit, the Kit I got had no yellow. Just don’t cut the black and white fabrics—they are just for the Roads.

The speed cutting instructions simply provide a visual on how to cut the background from 5.5” wide strips. Do not cut on the paper lines, use a ruler to cut the fabric, using the instructions as a guide.

BARBARA BLACK
          Barbara Black
          Huntsville AL
          https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          "I am a part of all that I have met." A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 130 at 05:26 AM on 03-29-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
          Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
          X