[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

quilthermine, you have figured out how to post on the Forum and insert a photo--that' great! Just look around to see all that is here. Every time I come to the Forum, I check "Recent Topics"--that way I see what has been posted most recently in all the Topics and can check those that interest me.

Welcome, your blocks are lovely and you are sure to catch up. Good thing it's not a race.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara,That's what I was hoping to do, could you give me the measurements they are using. So appreciate your guidance!

Comment

Heather, the blocks are still 6.75” finished, 7.25” unfinished. Each square is cut 2.75”.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Heather7, I saw your (life is too short comment about the double nine patch. Loved Barbara"s comment on the normal
          nine patch, and that started me thinking is there an easier way to get a double nine patch. So this morning I tried to make
          and appliqued double nine patch. Picture of the regular pieced and the applique below.For

the applique I just cut a finished size since
          it was an experiment. I cut one background piece 6.75 inches square. I drew the grid with frixion pen. I put print and fuse on the
          back of a couple colored strips. Cut the strips to .75 inch and then sub cut to .75 squares. Put them in place on the grid and fused down.
          Stitched the 8 patch lines so it would look like pieced. Started to stitch with dark mono filament on the batiks squares. It would probably
          work and was way faster than all the cutting of the back ground and the worry about which way to press the seam allowances. I might
          try this on another project. You got my mine thinking. Thank you. HelenW

Comment

Genius, HelenW!

Comment

I can’t wait any longer I have to start putting it together , I have all my blocks done except the appliqué ones that haven’t been release yet , I am added some embroidered stitches to my appliqué for a nice hand project to enjoy doing out on my deck

Comment

I need a bigger design wall!

Comment

Omg,looks great.My design wall is also too short to pick all the blocks on.

Comment

Done with July -

Comment

Progress on the Afternoon Delight. Looks like I need to quit procrastinating on making double nine patch blocks.
                      It has been a fun quilt to work on but I am losing momentum. Keep looking at other projects I want to work on. Just
                      started a panel One Block Wonder. I cut out some of the 60 degree triangles and just feel like making hexagons for a while.
                      If anyone out there has made panel OBWs I would love some tips and advice. HelenW

Comment

I am loving adding these stitches

Comment

HelenW - I have strips cut for the double nine patch but none sewn. All this time in quarantine and I keep putting it off.....

Comment

July blocks are done

Comment

Chrys - I love love love your fussy cut circles on the swirly block! Both blocks are beautiful!

Comment

Alex mentioned there is a Kaffe Mystery area on the forum but it does not show up on my account. Do I need to register somewhere?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X