No announcement yet.
[vb_side_1]

Latest Forum Posts

Collapse

Trending Forum Posts

Collapse

[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Wooly Corner (or should that be circle?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wooly Corner (or should that be circle?)

Thought I’d start a thread where those of us using wool can post on progress when using this alternative medium for this beautiful quilt. I’ve been honored to have Alex (and John) showcase my quilt both on two of Alex’s shows and with a blog posting. The pressure is on!

I’m jumping ahead again (sorry Barbara!) and today started planting my trees. Treetops are all cut out and one tree is done. The plan is to go through the seasons in each quarter starting with spring. I’ll also be stitching trees at NSEW.

Thanks for looking!
    Carole B. aka nhbaskets

Carol B Absolutely beautiful. I debated about using free form shapes for trees, but went with the semi circle and putting a stipple shape
    applique on them. I see the 4 spaces at N/S/E/W. What is going in there? If I had any idea that wool felt could be so beautiful
    I would probably be in your Wooly Corner of the Circle. So I will just have to be a Wooly Want To Be using flannel. Might throw a few pictures in as mine progresses. Been working on other projects, so maybe it is time to jump back into this one. We are probably giving Barbara gray hair from the way we choose to Color Our Worlds. Sure having fun!!! HelenW

Comment

• nhbaskets
      nhbaskets commented
      Editing a comment
      Helen, you and everyone else, are always welcome!

In the NSEW spaces I plan to embroider trees (no wool). Getting inspiration from Wendy’s many quilts found online. I think the trees I’m working on will go fairly quick, depending on how much embellishing I do. I’ll then tackle the last four.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 88 users online. 0 members and 88 guests.

Most users ever online was 130 at 05:26 AM on 03-29-2021.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

Working...
X