[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chrys, Your blocks are beautiful. You have a real talent for using value so the fabrics look great together. Just the right combinations of light, medium, and dark fabrics. Can't wait to see your first batch of 9 patch blocks. HelenW

Comment

Beautiful blocks, Chrys.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

So pretty, Chrys!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Beautiful! Can't wait to see more!

Comment

These are VERY hard for me but I'm trying my best. Today I am going back to the applique blocks. Each nine patch block took a full hour for me to assemble and there are 64 so.... I think I may do more shoo flys instead :S

Comment

Heather, Sunday I will post a blog with Margo's Starch method that may help you with those Double 9 patches. Stay tuned.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Wow Heather you are doing really well. I have only just finished one double nine patch.

Comment

Heather - I struggled too. Hated that first block. Mine are super scrappy, so I needed to check/trim at every step because the fabrics are different weights and stiffnesses. I focused on making a pile of 9-patches - they became more consistent and I checked/trimmed again as necessary to square them up. And I churned out 13 more double-9-patch blocks yesterday. I think the repetition of making many of the same unit helped. The trimming was definitely necessary. Good luck!

Adding my block photo below. I'm working on 3 scrappy quilts concurrently, so saved all the tiny scraps, knowing we had these Double 9-Patches coming up. So I used all the tiny bits. I also realized that these pieces are so tiny, I could use up my "ugly fabric", so into the mix it went too. I've used 4 background fabrics and over 20 prints so far.

Comment

Thank you guys for encouragement! Barbara I never thought of starch, will try whatever you got!

Comment

March blocks completed!

Comment

With the double 9-patch blocks, I am concentrating on sewing strip sets right now. When I get a pile of them, I will start stitching the 9-patches. I have finished all 9 shoo-fly blocks and I'm caught up on the applique, so I am also starting the month 6 applique blocks.

Comment

Chrys,
                          What appliqué method are you using? Raw edge, turned edge. Your blocks are beautiful !!!!

Comment

My progress so far.

Comment

Thank you, TammyW
                              The blocks are turned-edge applique.

Comment

Boots1950, I love your blocks. Did you get the April applique block patterns. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 53 users online. 0 members and 53 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X