[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

JanetE, Your blocks are beautiful. The fabric is really beautiful.

Comment

Margo, your blocks are great. I like the red fabric.

Comment

I have finished my March blocks. I'm trying again to add the photos. I hope I'm successful this time!

Comment

Laura, you did it!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I'll try again with the applique blocks!

Comment

I watched what others were posting before I started and didn't start until the very end of January. I have decided I will be satisfied if I am one month behind. Here are January blocks and February blocks, although I substituted one March block to make the correct number finished.

Comment

I have the perfect fabric to make this quilt but no time to make it. This is part of a fat quarter collection from Jinny Beyer that I bought a number of years ago and cut into 5 1/2" x 10 1/2" pieces. I've used it to make 2 quilts so far. There aren't enough lights for the background but I have a cream colored fabric that looks good with it. I played for a couple hours last night and made 2 blocks by just cutting squares and triangles and sewing them to a background square. The block size that will work with my fabric is 4 1/2" so the small squares are just 1/2". Not sure I will ever get to make the quilt but may turn these into coasters.

And I learned something new. Read the instructions instead of just glancing at them before using Stabili-tee interfacing that I used on the back before stitching. A hot iron will melt it onto the back of the iron even with the fusible side down. At least it was an old iron and I have some equally old iron cleaner. I'm glad I learned this before putting it on my granddaughter's t-shirts, although I would have been more careful with those. This is her high school graduation year and I volunteered to make her a t-shirt quilt, my first. I need to make it extra special since the last months of her school year are not what they should be.

Comment

ginnyleber your blocks look great.

Comment

Finished my February applique blocks yesterday. I am wish I had an 80wt thread to do the applique but it is not available to me so I have to use what I can get. On some of the smaller pieces I think the stitching is a bit heavy.

Comment

JanetE
                      The Tilda fabrics are so pretty in these blocks!

Comment

Debbie, from 6 feet away your stitching will look fine—blocks look terrific to me.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                        North Alabama, USA
                        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Beautiful. Love your Shoo Fly blocks.

Comment

I finished all 9 of the Shoo Fly blocks and here they are. Now on to the double nine patch blocks. I'm hoping to get them all done this month too. Having this project is great for this time when we need to stay home.

Comment

Debbie: I like the applique stitching on your blocks. I think the heavier stitching gives a great look.

Comment

It has been very enjoyable to see all the new blocks that have been posted. The variety of fabrics is inspiring!

Staying in place has been helpful for finishing the March set of blocks and the three remaining ShooFly blocks

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 69 users online. 0 members and 69 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X