[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much, Terry! Funny that the art quilts that I am happiest with come from scraps, mine and from others! As for the pebbles, I will give your method a try and see whether it works better for me. I have been making the larger ones first and have a tendency to quilt around the larger ones. I will try with the smaller ones first and see if I can improve on how a pebble background looks.

Comment

Terry you amaze me! Your work is so precise, in the fabrics, quilting and thread choices. I love it all! Your chicken piece will surely be a beautiful work of art. All those pebbles! Yikes!

Luann, I received your blog post via email. I like how you are doing so many different things. It's always interesting to hear/see what you are up to.

Art on ladies!

geneva
      Geneva

Comment

The grands were over for a "retreat" and we made a crib quilt.
        I've also made more progress on the chicken.

Thank you for visiting and know that your kind comments help spur me along!

Comment

The Grands helped me with some pebbles:
          https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...d-pebbles.html
          Then. . .I actually finished the pebbles:
          https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...-complete.html
          I still have a long way to go on the chicken project; but, the end is truly in sight!

Comment

Hi all, funny story. I was standing in line at the next county to enter my barn quilt. The lady in front of me turned around and I introduced myself and then she said, "oh, I recognize you from TQS site." I nearly fell over! She enjoys TQS and the forum.

barn quilt will be judged tomorrow.

Sharon in colorado

Comment

I wrote about publishing my blog:
              https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...res-proof.html
              I shared about the grands coming to "retreat" at our house:
              https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...papas-and.html
              I wrote about my progress of the Quilt As You Go (QAYG) project in three posts:
              https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...u-go-part.html
              https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...as-you-go.html
              https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...o-part_16.html
              I've been away--got to visit my daughter. We met in Paris and visited the Southeast of France. I'll be posting about the trip soon! Thanks for coming to visit. I haven't really worked on the chickens in weeks. . .I need to get back to that project as I am not that far away from finishing!

Comment

Hi all -
                I finally finished my Caryl Bryer Fallert-Gentry Feather Study 28 quilt and posted about it here. I'm pretty pleased with the quilting and also included a little tutorial about another facing method. Check it out if you're interested.

Thanks!

Comment

Nancy, just read your great blog. I bought this as a kit at Paducah last year and am just now getting around to sewing it. I like everything you did in quilting it. I don't have your expertise in machine quilting, but I'm working on it! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Beverly -

Thank you for your kind words! I hope you will post yours when you're finished. I'm sure it'll be incredible!!

Comment

Nancy, as usual your piece is beautiful! The quilting makes it all yours. Thanks for sharing your process and pictures. I also like how it is not a perfect rectangle.
                      Geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

I also enjoy Nancy and Terri's blogs. They are such great quilters and teach me a lot. Thanks, girls.

Sharon in Colorado

Comment

Hi,

I have the Westalee rulers, too. I am wondering who sponsored the quilt-along you're writing about on your blog. I'm hoping they might start a new class or group in the near future.

Thanks,
                          Becky

Comment

Originally posted by "genevacarroll" post=142138
                            Nancy, as usual your piece is beautiful! The quilting makes it all yours. Thanks for sharing your process and pictures. I also like how it is not a perfect rectangle.
                            Geneva
                            Hi Geneva -

Thanks! The perspective of the pictures changed the shape of the quilt. It's definitely not a perfect rectangle, but it's close as I could get. I took the pictures by laying the quilt on my cutting table and holding the camera as high as I could to get it as centered as possible. I probably should have put it on the floor for the pictures to give you the proper shape, but I was too lazy. I'll be more careful about that next time. (And I'll think about making a non-rectangular quilt. It's hard for me to think outside of "regular" shapes so that would be an interesting, but very difficult, stretch for me!)

Comment

Becky, my local Bernina dealer offered the class through her store. Perhaps, your local quilt shop or Bernina dealer would offer the program from Westalee too!

Comment

Terri, enjoyed your blog too! The quilting as you go quilt was really interesting. I'm working on my machine quilting and am learning from your and Nancy's posts. Keep them coming!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 32 users online. 0 members and 32 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X