[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all -

I've been preparing for my classes at the Kansas City Regional Quilt Festival next week. One of my classes says I can bring either sample sandwiches or small projects to work on in class. I loved that idea so made a few table runners to bring along. If interested, you can see them here.

Thanks!

Comment

Nancy, your tablerunners are so pretty and different. Love them all! Please show us how they turn out with your quilting.

Luann and Wendy, your blog comes directly to my email inbox and I enjoy reading what you have been up to. Just wanted you to know that I'm enjoying what you put out there!

Take care, geneva
      Geneva

Comment

Thanks Geneva same here with others whose blogs come to me by email. I can't always put a comment due to time or my computer but I do enjoy reading them. My latest one has the date I started writing it (March) and when I tried to change it I would lose all the post so left it. Here's the link Keep blogging all, I'll try harder :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Hi all -

I actually have another blog post for you. My trip to Kansas City was delayed by a few days, so I made a new computer bag this weekend. If you're interested, you can read about it here.

I also love reading everyone's blogs and get email notifications for those that I can. I'm a lot more likely to see the new posts with the notifications! Thanks to all of you bloggers for sharing your fun projects with me!!

Comment

Nancy -
            Loved your latest blog pictures of the computer case and table runners. I've not thought of table runners as quilt practice pieces but why not!
            Barb

Comment

I hadn't realized how long it has been since I let you know of new posts to my blog!
              First, I finished something.
              Second, I made more progress on the QAYG BOM that I've been working on.
              Third, I shared about a couple of awards I received at the county fair.
              Fourth, I finally started to organize my studio and I shared a memory about olives.
              Fifth, I've been quilting pebbles endlessly on the chicken.
              Sixth, I posted a little update about my sweetie and how he is doing since his hip replacement surgery a month ago.
              It's been a couple days since I've quilted on the chicken. My body is rebelling and I needed to stop, listen and rest. As I written, I've been working on this chicken for 10 1/2 years so what is a few more months??

Thanks for stopping by!

Comment

Terry - Great to see and hear all about family and quilting projects. I remember your chicken pattern from long ago I decided against the purchase now I wish I had!

Barb :-)

Comment

Terry thanks for the updates. I love to hear about your little ones. They are a lot of work at times, but so worth it to make memories and important lessons taught. I mean, who will teach them the proper way to eat olives but you? B)

Congratulations on your big wins at the fair. They are well deserved for sure. I bet the pat on the back feels oh so good! Especially since you are drowning in chicken bubbles. ha!

geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

We were without Internet access for awhile. Gosh, trying to keep up using a phone is such a pain! It is nice to be checking in with the world again in a larger format!
                    I posted about beginning a new project. Yes, work on the chicken will continue but, my part on this project has a deadline of August 1 so I'm switching gears. I also posted about my second blog anniversary. I'm drawing for a folded star first thing tomorrow morning. Please come follow me and leave a comment to be eligible for the drawing!

Comment

I shared who were the winners of my drawing in a blog post.

Today, I posted my third quarter goals for the 2017 Finish A Long.
                      I'm hopeful that one of the projects that I will finish will be that pesky chicken project that I've posted about often!!!

Comment

I'm working on a creating a slice of a photo in fabric. The first post is here. In the second post, I fused all the pieces. I hope you will come take a took!

Comment

Terry loved seeing your progress on the slice of a photo in fabric!

Barb

Comment

I finished quilting the slice of the building.

I also am back at work on those pesky chickens!

Comment

Originally posted by "quilting00" post=141925
                              I finished quilting the slice of the building.

I also am back at work on those pesky chickens!
                              Both projects are beautiful, Terry. Two questions... First, how did you go about collecting/selecting the fabrics for the hh hall building quilt--they are remarkably beautiful. Second, your pebbles in the chickens quilt are so impeccably done. Is there a method to how you do them in terms of when to switch from a large pebble to a small one? They look so random and don't look like a large circle with smaller circles around it as often happens (to me).

Keep blogging! Always enjoy it.

Comment

Renata,
                                Most of the fabrics came from my stash. The yellow fabric for the building came from JoJo. The brown strip came from my bag of strips. Truly, many of the pieces were just that--leftovers from other projects! The pinkish and purplish parts of the building was a fat quarter and actual yardage that I bought a long time ago because it had words on it and I liked it. I've tried to use it in a number of projects. . .but, it wasn't just right! I used the photo to select my fabrics. Then, I asked JoJo to help me find the ones that played best together and that was when she gifted me the piece of yellow for the building.

As for pebbles, I make some small ones and then I make several larger ones. Then I come back and fill in the spaces with whatever size pebbles will fit. Sometimes, I'm stitching "sand!" I hope that makes sense! Thanks for letting me know that you enjoy reading my blog as that comment lifted my heart!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 249 users online. 0 members and 249 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X