[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all -

I just finished making a couple of sewing supply bags for my sister. Unfortunately, the directional fabric is upside-down. Oh well, she'll still like them. If interested, you can read about them here.

Thanks!

Comment

Nancy - What a great tutorial. I love the bags!!

Barb

Comment

Nancy, any tricks regarding sewing with clear plastic/vinyl? Thanks for the blog post!
        geneva
        Geneva

Comment

Hi Geneva -

I now have a teflon foot, which makes things easier. But I've also successfully used my walking foot before I got the teflon foot. You definitely have to keep the vinyl lifted off of the machine bed because it really sticks to the metal there. You can put tissue paper between the vinyl and the machine bed and that helps, but it can be finicky controlling all of that while sewing. I just kept my left hand underneath the vinyl while I was sewing to keep it off of the bed. It also worked better for me to keep the vinyl on the top while sewing so that it was only touching the foot rather than the feed dogs. I had assumed with vinyl that I would have to use a larger stitch length, but I've never had a problem with short stitch lengths causing the vinyl to tear apart, so I used my usual shorter length when sewing this.

The next time I sew a bag with vinyl pockets, I'll try to remember to take more pictures and write a blog post about it.

Thanks!

Comment

I'm behind in sharing links to my posts!
            I shared our day in the Burgundy region when we were in France..
            I posted the goals that I want to complete/make progress on during this final quarter of the year.
            Then I had a learning opportunity when I wet the chicken quilt to block it.
            Yesterday I actually FINISHED the chicken quilt. It only took me 10 years and 10 months!
            Please come visit!

Comment

Hi all -

I just finished a little thank-you gift for a friend for inviting us up to her cabin for a quilt retreat. I blogged about it here. Stop by if you're interested.

Thanks!

Comment

Wonderful project!

Barb

Comment

Terry, a warm hug for you as you breathe deep and reflect on the fabulous chicken quilt and all the emotional energy you put into it. It's beautiful!

Nancy, loved your letter wallhanging! I love lettering and will keep your website link handy. I'm glad you made it round. It's perfect!

Thanks you two for sharing.... geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

My youngest grand helped embroider a bath towel. She always makes me smile!
                    This morning, I posted the last day of our trip to France last summer.
                    summer.

Comment

Love the multitasking B)

You must be so pleased with the chicken quilt it's wonderful, hope it wins you some prizes. :cheer:

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Beautiful work, Terri.

Comment

Loved seeing the finish chicken quilt and your quilting apprentice! Her towel sure made a big memory for her.

Barb

Comment

I have been using Quilters Select rulers/mat/cutter for a year and thought it was about time to tell my quilter friends why:

http://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2017/10/quilters-select-rulers-mats-and-rotary.html

Headed to Houston tomorrow to see what is new and wonderful in the quilt world. I'll be there for 13 days so probably no blog posts from me until I return.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                            North Alabama, USA
                            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Hello everyone!
                              I had a wonderful day dyeing Shibori fabric. Here's a link to my blog post.

http://genevacarroll.com/blog/

Have a great day! geneva
                              Geneva

Comment

Your shibori pieces are beautiful, Geneva! Thanks for sharing the process with us! I had to look up shibori on wikipedia because I had thought that shibori was only when you wrapped the fabric around a post or pipe. But I see now that that is "arashi shibori" and the other methods of folding and clamping are also shibori. Good to know! I look forward to seeing what beautiful things you make out of your fabrics!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 248 users online. 0 members and 248 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X