Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by "sewengel" post=138272
      I am sew excited, my barn quilt, The Heart of America was juried into the Pacific International Quilt Festival show in Santa Clara, CA on October 13-16, 2016. If anyone out in TQS land would be attending that show would you pretty please take a picture of my quilt, with hopefully a ribbon. I will text you my email.

Thanks in advance, Sharon in Colorado
      Hi Sharon, will you submit to RD2CA? Barb

Comment

What terrific news, Sharon! Congratulations!

I've a new post on my blog:
        http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-half-dozen-more-presidents-blocks.html
        I'm still quilting away on those president's blocks and I'm nearing the end!!! Thanks for coming to visit!

Comment

Barb, yes I will be submitting to Road. I believe that is in November to submit.

Sharon

Comment

Sharon, congratulations! How exciting! You've probably heard from Robin by now (I shared with her that you have a quilt in PIQF) and since two of her quilts were also selected, she will be going and probably get a picture for you. I am so excited for both of you! And, FYI, Road's entry deadline is Oct. 3!!!!!! Coming up REALLY soon! I have been sweating that one, because my last year's Hoffman Challenge quilt is due back home any day now, and I need to get some really good pictures of it before the deadline. And, then spend the next two months reworking some poor stitching. I had black thread on the top and white thread in the bobbin. The black thread peeked out a lot on the backside, and the judge commented on it. I'm wondering if my quilt may have received the first place instead of the second place, if there hadn't been a thread issue. Hope I can solve it!

Dawn

Comment

Thanks Dawn for letting me know about Robin. Nancy and I were extremely disappointed in Hoffman this year. I wanted to see your quilt with the ribbon. Thanks also for the date for Road, I better get cracking, hehe. Thats what I am doing with my barn quilt before it goes to Santa Clara, fixing some of the quilting.

Sharon

Comment

Congratulations Sharon! Good luck to you!

My quilt "JollyRanchers" was accepted at the Quilt Fest in Palm Springs and then will be taken to PIQF to hang.

Dawn, I hope the return of your quilt is soon! Good luck to you also!

geneva
                Geneva

Comment

Wow, Geneva! Way cool! Congratulations on a double acceptance! Now I know at least 4 people with quilts in the PIQF show.

Yeah, Sharon, Hoffman kind of dropped the ball a few times! Very sad. Hopefully, it will be better next year. Hard to believe I won't see my beloved hummingbird for over a year! Such a fun quilt to make! Now, I'm running designs through my head for next year's quilt, using that colorful floral fabric. But, dang! Why the digital fabric again? That stuff costs close to $15 a yard!

Dawn

Comment

Congratulations, Geneva!! Connie Griner has one going to both places, too. And Sharon, congratulations to you, too! Great to talk with you, if only too briefly. Guess I'm going to be taking a whole bunch of photos for people. :cheer: Just make sure I have cell phone or email addresses so I can send photos. My daughter, SIL, and granddaughters live near Santa Clara, so this is a good opportunity. I'm planning to go to the show by myself on the Friday, but my daughter and granddaughters (9 and 6) are going with me on Sunday. I'm sooooo excited!

Comment

Way to go Geneva! I love the name of your quilt. "Jolly Ranchers" just makes me smile!

I visited it a showing of nest quilts and posted about it here:
                      http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/09/field-trip-and-nest-quilts.html

Come visit!

Comment

Terry, what a fun field trip for you and your granddaughters!

Thanks for sharing. geneva
                        Geneva

Comment

Thanks, Geneva!

I finished quilting the blocks in my president's blocks quilt. I posted about it here:
                          http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/09/the-final-nine.html

Comment

My husband was away for a whole month. . .I posted about it here:
                            http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/09/a-long-31-days.html
                            I hope you will come visit!

Comment

I went to a machine foot class and posted about it here:
                              http://terryknott.blogspot.com/2016/09/machine-foot-workshop.html

Comment

Terry, That was a very informative blog post. Thank you! I've been in classes where the teacher had to deal with Miss Chatty Cathy so the rest of us could hear what she said, as well as be the one who said "I don't get that!" I really liked that you made something in the class.

JoJo, I haven't forgotten about the travel this month! I'm so busy that I may not get to September's location, but I'm looking forward to future months!

Take care, geneva
                                Geneva

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X