[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the questions and comments about my BOM QAYG project! I did finish sashing it and now it is ready for the binding, label and sleeve. . .maybe that will be a project for October as I'm still stitching that pesky chicken! B) You can read about it here. Hubby and I met our daughter in Paris a couple weeks ago and spent some time in the south eastern part of France. I'll be posting about the trip. You can read about our arrival here.

Comment

Hi all -

I've started working on the quilting for a table runner that is made with Kaffe Fasset fabrics and solids. I've done some big stitch hand quilting, a first for me on a "real" project. If interested, you can read about it here.

Thanks!

Comment

Nancy and Terry, I just read your blogs. Awesome as usual. Indo understand about being sad seeing the grands go to school. I asked Amelia, age 4, on her first day what she learned. She said she learned she got a new mat for naps, hehe.

Nancy, love the table runner, big stitches is a goal this winter.

Sharon

Comment

I've posted day of our France trip here.
          Oldest granddaughter wanted to stitch so I posted about that event here.

I hope that there will be more stitching in our future!

Comment

I love reading everyone's blog. I got a bit behind because I have been so busy lately. It just seems that time has run out in front of me and I'm still trying to catch up. LOL
            Anyway, I have a couple of recent blogs talking about several exciting things...at least they are exciting to me...
            1) I bought rights to make a quilt inspired by a wonderful painting here
            2) I started some new projects and my youngest son David published a new novel: Here
            and just in case any of you are working on a Bernina Q20 I wrote a little blog about settings: Here
            I have lurked around here from time to time, but am still behind in my blog reading. Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers.

"Neglect not the gift that is within you..." -1 Timothy 4:14

Comment

I've recently posted the third and fourth installment of our trip to France. I'm still working on that chicken project. I'm currently quilting the small inner border while I think of what might work for the outer border.

Comment

Hi all -
                I just finished a short blog post describing an ice cream koozie and some Christmas gift bags that I made recently. If you're interested in seeing what I've done, you can read about it here.

Thanks!

Comment

I shared about attending a birthday party in France:
                  https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...le-post-5.html
                  And I shared about what we did the day after the party:
                  https://terryknott.blogspot.com/2017...st-6-of-9.html
                  As for the chicken. . .I'm quilting the last 2 inch border. . . .of course, I got stalled; but, am currently making progress!!!

Comment

I'm on the home stretch with the chickens.
                    You can read about it here.
                    Today, I posted about stitching a couple pillow cases from the leftover fabrics. You can read about it here.

Comment

Terry! Thank you so much for taking us along with you while quilting this masterpiece! I love what you have done and plan to copy some of it on a quilt. I hope that's ok....
                      I really liked the outer border with the curved lines and straight lines. Beautiful!

I love the whole quilt and can't wait to see it all done.

BTW, do you always sew down the outer edges of the quilt before starting to quilt? It sure helps all those edges and seams to not come undone during the quilting.

Bravo and thank you! geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

Here is my latest post.
                        http://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2017/09/taking-my-show-on-road.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                        North Alabama, USA
                        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Hello friends!

I have joined the blog world. I took a class with Joe Cunningham and wrote about it here.
                          http://genevacarroll.com/blog/

Have a great weekend! geneva
                          Geneva

Comment

Hi Geneva - Your blog looks great!
                            Really enjoyed your workshop with Joe Cunningham, looks like a fun process.

Barb :-)
                            Geneva

Comment

I enjoyed your blog post, Geneva! Yes, I stitch the edges of the quilt as a part of stitching in the ditch when quilting for that very reason you mentioned--I want to secure the edges so I don't have any seams that unravel to cause me "angst" later! tee hee :lol:

Comment

Thanks for the blog post, Geneva! The class sounds like a lot of fun and your quilt turned out wonderful! I'm often not attracted to the more chaotic quilts and some of the early iterations of your quilt didn't appeal to me, but I love the final version and think your border really did pull everything together. And it looks to me like you have all of the geometry knowledge that you need. Love the quilting!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 248 users online. 0 members and 248 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X