• Show
Clear All

Top is done.

Comment

Your quilt is very beautiful, ljkn52!!!
      Judy Austin

Comment

Chrys,
        Your blocks are beautiful. Beautiful fabric choices and beautifully executed.
        I am doing needle-turn also, but got behind with life.
        Your blocks have inspired me to keep going! Thank you.

Judy

Comment

Judith A

Thank you very much! The other ladies working on this BOM have inspired me to see this project through to the finish, too

Comment

Quilting. I am very interested in how everyone's Afternoon Delights are quilted. I am going quilt my own, which seems daunting for me as I have mostly used pantographs and I want to custom quilt this. I very much like how Barbara quilted hers, as shown in her tips. I would like to see more ideas before I embark on quilting mine.

Comment

@eyestitch, I've also been contemplating how I want to quilt this quilt. I'm finishing the last applique block today, but I still have half the 9-patch blocks to do. A daunting task! I expected to retire last June, but I felt my school needed me, so I've continued to work. Looking forward to these blocks every month has been my emotional savior, since the concentration required on a Saturday morning means I'm too focused to think about school, or kids, or anything else. I also want to try to do this on my own, and I'm most likely going to very carefully use a quilt-as-you-go method. While continuing to make my nine-patches, I'm going to get everything ready to individually quilt each block and start assembling them from one corner. My house is small, and I don't have a design wall, but I do have photoshop and pics of all the individual blocks, so I think I'm going to take those photos and play around with them on the computer to see which square will go where. By Christmas break, I should have enough prepped and ready to make a start. Fingers crossed. It still may not be terribly fancy, but this quilt has been quite the learning experience and quilting it should be fun!

Comment

Mlongstreth, very bright and cheerful

Comment

Chrys, I like the way you fussy cut the second block.

Comment

Chrys, I love the fussy cut center on the second block; very cute.

Comment

Ellenceleste - I love your fabrics; I can hardly wait to see your finished quilt.

Comment

Jupergee - Your choice of batiks is very nice. I definitely look forward to seeing your finished quilt.

Comment

Last 4 appliqué blocks done ya!! All blocks done now on to the borders.

Comment

That’s a lot of work

Comment

Big pile of blocks

Comment

Mergwat, admiring your stack. I’m at this point and feel cutting them to size is the hardest task keeping the motif centered

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 229 users online. 0 members and 229 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X