• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helen W, I can't wait to see more!!!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Barbara, can you tell us what diameters of circles you used for the diagonal cross hatching. I have never done diagonal cross hatching, but I love it and I know I will want to try it sometime. Knowing how big your circle rulers were will help me tremendously. Thanks.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

looks fantastic!

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Eyestitch, I used the curved ruler set from the Quilted Pineapple, by Linda Hrcka. They are great rulers. Here are photos of the rulers--the longer one was use for the outside curve in the border. I practice on paper first to figure out which ruler will work best. For curved cross hatching you need a ruler that is long enough to cover the entire curve--no moving the ruler once you begin the curve.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Continuing to audition ideas for my border illusions. Since I am going to do Quilt in Sections I figure I would like to have the look
            of a border, but included in the size of the blocks in the quilt body. I drafted the 9 patch flying geese in EQ8 from Rickys new book.
            Used the idea, and changed the size so two flying geese are the same size as one finished block. To get the narrow dark border
            I plan to add a narrow strip to the inside of the geese block. Then that will be treated as horizontal rows of blocks. I plan to quilt
            it in quarter sections. Then put the 4 sections together. Still open to change, depending on how things look as I move forward.
            HelenW

Comment

Helen W, how big are those 9 patches in the flying geese border.

Comment

Eyestitch, The 9 patch is the same size as the ones in the double nine patch. Unfinished 2 3/4 square. I make it up and lay it in position one of the foundation and just
                treat it like a patch of fabric. Worked great. HelenW

Comment

HelenW. Thank you so much. I was thinking the 9 patch had to be a different size. This really simplifies it!!! I am anxious to see your final quilt top.

Comment

September applique blocks are done

Comment

September Blocks are done!

Comment

Waiting for fabric, but can still work on double nine patches. I did not have enough navy blue batik scraps to do my inner fake border, so I had to order some
                        and also some Kona Jet Black cotton from Hancock of Paducah. They are really running slow due to Covid and our local quilt shop went out of business a month
                        ago, so it is online ordering. The modified Over and Down Under has a number of the applique blocks from Afternoon Delight so I decided to thru a pic of it in too.
                        HelenW

TRIED 4 TIMES AND THE PICTURE OF AFTERNOON DELIGHT WON'T POST. WILL TRY IN A SEPARATE POST.

Comment

Afternoon Delight, Starting to put some of the blocks together. Waiting for some fabric for the inner fake border. Not enough scraps in navy blue.
                          HelenW

Comment

Afternoon Delight

Comment

Afternoon Delight

Comment

I decided to make my BOM quilt a bit smaller. Instead of 88 it is about 67 square. I am also going to add some applique to the border. What you see in the border is paper for now until I decide what I want to do. I think I'll look at it for a week. I still have 5 more blocks to applique. I really love the way this is turning out.
                                #BOMSueGarmen

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 172 users online. 0 members and 172 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X