[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HelenW I love this dark version with the over under. Is the over under a pattern or did you make it up. I can't wait to see it finished. I hope you publish a picture of it in this forum, so I will be notified and can see it.

Comment

Eyestitch, Yes, Over and Down Under is a pattern by Bonnie Sullivan. I made it half size; so the squares are 1 inch finished instead of 2 inch. Then I just started making
      some applique blocks. Have not figured out exactly what I have in mind. Will use black sashing strips to make things fit together. The fabric, except the jet black kona
      cotton, is a flannel fabric line designed by Bonnie Sullivan. I just love the colors. I am using Ricky Tims couching technique to outline the applique. Using 6 strand DMC
      embroidery floss. Right now I am waiting for more black fabric. I ordered from Hancock of Paducah on Sept. 29 and it has not shipped yet. They are over there head in
      orders. HelenW

Comment

I'm taking a break from the applique and concentrating on the shoofly blocks. Love how they are turning out! Taking my time and measuring and sewing accurately.

Comment

Drafted an idea for a corner block for my 9 patch flying geese border. Square in a square in a square 9 patch. HelenW

Comment

HelenW - Loving your borders. They really set the quilt off nicely.

Comment

I'm finally ready to tackle October. July, August, September, and all double nine patches are done. WooHoo!

Comment

CKewing3901

It must be a very good feeling to have all the double nine-patches done Thank you for sharing all of your recent lovely blocks!

Comment

I've been keeping up with the applique blocks. Finished the 2 October blocks yesterday. I'm woefully behind on my double nine patch blocks. I keep getting pulled away to make more masks. I've done 22 double nine patch blocks.

Comment

Helen W,After seeing your Over and Under quilt with the Afternoon Delight block border I had to order the pattern. It is lovely. Hope mine turns out as good.

Comment

Ellenceleste,
                      You have the happiest blocks. They are beautiful!

Judy Austin

Comment

Love your fabric choices!!

Question? Can you tell me how you posted and included the photos of your blocks?? I tried several times and can't get my photos to post with the message.

Thanks!

Comment

Wow!!! I'm working my way through the nine patches right now. It keeps me busy and focused so that I don't get stressed with all the horrible news out there every day!

Comment

Working my way through the shoofly blocks. And have started the nine patch blocks.

Comment

Originally posted by "kwiltsnblooms" post=150319
                              Love your fabric choices!!

Question? Can you tell me how you posted and included the photos of your blocks?? I tried several times and can't get my photos to post with the message.

Thanks!
                              Your photos may be too big, resize them smaller and try again.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

October - Check!

I did turn the heart for on-point placement, but my "petals" are spinning clockwise instead of counterclockwise. I planned to back baste that portion and didn't think about reversing it until I had already drawn the block. The clockwise rotation didn't bother me, so I proceeded.

Ready for November!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                                North Alabama, USA
                                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 163 users online. 0 members and 163 guests.

Most users ever online was 397 at 04:22 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X