Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Ready for April 1st!

Comment

This is my first post. I decided not to do the 9 - Shoo Fly blocks as I enjoy the applique more. I picked from other sources for those 9 blocks, as well as designing the cross and heart for my love of God and country. The letters are my last name. I haven't decided if I will put it at the top or bottom. I will still be doing the 64 double nine patches and have been cutting strips for them. All applique blocks have the same background, and the double nine patches are a tan color so the applique will stand out in the lighter color. All are batiks. None of the blocks will be trimmed until I assemble the quilt, so they are all oversize.

I'm having lots of fun. It certainly helps in this time of sheltering in!

Comment

Jupergee, Very creative to put you name and the cross and flag on your Afternoon Delight. That takes up 7 of the nine shoo fly blocks you decided not to make, so you
          only need 2 more substitute blocks. Since you like the applique so much, you could add some applique pieces to the blocks with the letters to give even more interest.
          Kind of like how Janet Stone the alphabet quilter makes blocks. Just an idea. Your quilt is going to be beautiful, and I do like the name idea in blocks.Thanks for sharing. HelenW

Comment

Thank you for the great suggestions. My two other alternate blocks are made and up. I adapted two from Lori Smith patterns.See if you can find them

Comment

Making more appliqué blocks. Anxious to finish them and then start on the 9 patch blocks.

Comment

Jujpergee, Thanks for the Lori Smith tip. I googled her name and just love, love, love her patterns for applique quilts.
                I think maybe your two blocks are the pink flowers between the cross and the T and the on point block directly above the T.
                I might just be changing out some of my blocks after looking at her site. HelenW

Comment

Got my first 12 double nine patches done. I can't keep up with the speed of many of you.

Comment

It’s not a race. Your blocks look good, eyestitch.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

You're correct. I'm really enjoying the process and seeing everyone's blocks!

Comment

It has been very enjoyable to see everyone's new blocks during these past few weeks!
                        After prepping fabric for the 9-patch blocks, I knew my happy place would be completing the 64-block set in one fell swoop. I fell into a rhythm of sewing, pressing and trimming.....
                        So they're done! I'm a little ahead with the pieced blocks requirement and a little behind with the applique blocks schedule, but it will all even out in the end

Thank you for the shared tips about sub-cutting the strip sets accurately and pressing the block seams in certain directions!

Comment

Your blocks are beautiful & you have done so much work.

Comment

Wow, Chrys! You are in inspiration!

Comment

Ckewing3901
                              I was on a mission

Comment

Chrys, I would love to see a layout picture of your applique with some of your double nine patch blocks. What a monster mission to complete so quickly. Bet your sewing machine
                                was smoking hot running all those patches thru. They truly look beautiful. HelenW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X