[vb_main_1]

SHOW AND TELL--Your Blocks

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

HelenW
    Thank you very much. I just plugged away and spoke nicely to my sewing machine.
    I haven't done a layout yet with the blocks. That is a good idea and will work on it for a future post.

Comment

Thank you for the great Afternoon Delight BOM patterns! I pulled out all of my batiks and I'm using only batik fabrics that I have. I am using steam a seam, machine buttonhole stitch with tear away stabilizer.

Thanks for posted month 6 as I am caught up. Hopefully future months can be posted sooner during the stay at home mandate.

Comment

Duckett888, your blocks look great!

There is no plan to release any more of the patterns early. Only a very few people have 64 Double 9 Patch blocks done already. I asked that Month 6 be released early because those Dbl 9 Patches make a great leader/ender project. And so many have extra time right now.

For those who have all the pieced blocks done, 9 Shoo Fly/64 Dbl 9 Patches, each month from here on will only have applique blocks to do. In December, the instructions for quilt assembly comes out--this year, I think there will be lots of people actually caught up at that point.

No need to rush, enjoy the journey not just the destination.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
        North Alabama, USA
        "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Here are 18 of the 30 blocks I've finished so far, plus how they will look if I decide to add sashing. And I have the remaining 40 nine patch blocks packaged and ready to assemble as soon as I have 8-10 hours free. I switched gears this past week and pieced a quilt for someone who is going through a hard time. I wanted to have it quilted by now but someone had a run-in with a cow yesterday and needs more of my time, but I do have it loaded and ready to quilt. It's supposed to storm tomorrow so may not get it finished before Monday.

Comment

I LOVE YOUR BLOCKS!!!! Duckett888!!!

Comment

ajclapp - Your blocks are wonderful. You must be putting in a good deal of time to have so much completed.

Comment

I completed the June and April applique blocks. All my pieces are made for the 9 patch blocks; I just need to sew them all together.

Comment

These are beautiful.

Comment

Your blocks are beautiful & love the colors.

Comment

ajclapp, Your pieced blocks are beautiful. I really like the way the cornerstones in your small sashings completes the lines made by the double nine patches.
                      Your cross quilt is beautiful too. Thanks for putting it in with the Afternoon Delight pictures. I love seeing what others are doing, and since I don't do Facebook
                      I miss out on a lot that is posted there. Are your cross square 1 inch size? Is your cow OK? HelenW

Comment

The cross squares are 2 1/2" finished. The cow is fine.

Comment

lljkn52, I really like the fact that you didn't makae all the leaves and vines green. A great idea to mix colors. Beautiful blocks.

Comment

I've finally finished Month 6 with the 2 Applique blocks. Now on to the Applique blocks in month 4. I've finished all the Shoo fly blocks so that helps.

Beth Palluzi

Comment

I have completed all my applique blocks; including the two for June but none of my pieced blocks. Self-quarantine has not given me any more sewing time because I am still working, just from home. Seems like my extra time is spent cleaning the kitchen. I don’t know how one person can make so many messes.

I have experimented with applique methods since the beginning and I think I have finally found my home – Back Basting. I have added one step that I haven’t seen other do, after I baste the fabric to the block, I trace around the inside of the basting stitches on the applique fabric because sometimes those stitch holes disappear right before my eyes. I’m using Crayola Washable Markers which I tested before using.

Comment

sandytn - Your blocks look great.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 37 users online. 0 members and 37 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X