[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got caught up! Life got in the way of quilting the last few months! Here are my blocks 5-8. I have not yet determined the placements so no corners have been attached. Photos are difficult, I am using combinations of Cherrywood fabrics, Silks, Cottonshots, and a few batiks. Looking forward to the last circle next month because quite honestly my interest is starting to wain.

Comment

Burns50,
      I love the way your blocks almost look like suede or ultra suede. It has a real comfortable look to it, can't wait to see what you do for your corner sections.
      Only thing I would do differently would be to use an Inkense colored pencil in navy or maroon to shade the thread on the center circle on the third block down.
      The really light colored thread just jumps out and catches your eye. I have also use Sharpie ultra thin paint pens ( can buy them at JoAnn's) to do the
      same thing. Love your color selections and the gray background. HelenW

Comment

HelenW
        Thanks for your wonderful comments. The center circle on Block 7 is actually stitched in metallic that is closer in color to the copper silk. It is not as prominent as it shows in the picture. (I think the camera is picking up a reflection off of the metallic.) I'm not totally sold on it and may pull it out and redo with invisible thread. Decided to wait until I did the layout and could step back and see them all. Getting anxious for the final block so I can do just that.

Terri

Comment

Month 7 and 8 blocks are put together but am also waiting to put the outer corners on until the last three are done to decide which block will be the center square. Excited about starting the border. Love paper piecing!

Comment

Beautiful blocks. Love the bird!!!

Comment

Thanks! My husband said my first center looked like a beach ball so I had to switch it up.

Comment

July and August!

Comment

Burns50 I love your fabrics. It makes me want to do the blocks all over in Cherrywood!

Comment

Beautiful fabrics/colors!!

Comment

Comment

20190831_210447.jpg

Comment

20190831_210447.jpg

Comment

20190902_120228.jpg

Comment

I posted my Sizzle top in the forum, but then remembered it's more relevant to post here. So here's the photo. Altered to make an oblong quilt. The applique was adapted from Tamsin Harvey's Constantinople Quilts.

Comment

What a fantastic way to make this quilt your own!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                                North Alabama, USA
                                "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 36 users online. 0 members and 36 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X