[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the extra blue border to "float" the quilt.

Comment

Pam, that pieced border looks great! I would add the extra blue border too.

I've finished the first pieced border for my 5 block version, plus a mitered narrow border in between to make it fit. I miter my borders before sewing them to the quilt. You have to cut exact, pin, and sew with an open toe and even feed foot so the fabric doesn't creep. I've been doing this for several years now. I did it first on attic window blocks and it worked so well I started doing it on full borders too. The cutting can be confusing at first. Just add the unfinished width or length of the quilt center to twice the finished width of the border. Be sure to leave 1/4" unsewn at the inside of the miter, pin and sew 2 opposite sides first, then pin and sew the remaining sides, sewing on the border side so you can see where to start and stop.

Comment

Pam and ajclapp. Thank you for sharing your adaptations. They are both wonderful.

Comment

I can't find the sheet with all of the leaves on the download for the border. It is not there.

Comment

The side borders are October’s instructions. The top and bottom borders are November.

Did you find the side borders?

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
            North Alabama, USA
            "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I have downloaded the instructions for October and was looking at Beckie’s video and she has a sheet with many leaves on it that she is cutting out. I don’t see that sheet in the October handout. Maybe that comes in November? I did not realize that the borders continue in November

Comment

Yes, October's pattern is called Side Borders. November's pattern will be called Top and Bottom borders.

I can see where her video with the November patterns could lead you to think you were missing a page. It's just not available yet.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

Finished my top!!!! :woohoo:

My borders are different from Barbara's, but that was the fabric I had enough of to do the borders and the binding.

North Alabama, USA

Comment

I've finished the first pieced border for my 5 block version, plus a mitered narrow border in between to make it fit. I miter my borders before sewing them to the quilt.

WOW! This is really great. Thank you so much for the explanation of your mitered border process. I am looking forward to seeing a photo of the entire quilt.

Comment

Originally posted by "scrapquilter2" post=146184
                      Finished my top!!!! :woohoo:

My borders are different from Barbara's, but that was the fabric I had enough of to do the borders and the binding.
                      Congratulations on finishing your top! The border is great. My circles are all done but I am procrastinating on setting them into the outer square. Soon...

Comment

Two borders down. Two to go. Giving the applique borders a go.

Comment

So very pretty!!

Comment

That's beautiful, love the colours.
                            Anne

Comment

Hello,
                              I really love your 2 flowers, I will try to copy them. Thanks, Marianne Hill UK

Comment

What time is it in your part of the world?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X