[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Month 4 complete but not without some serious drama! As I had showed earlier, I am basing all my colors and designs around a stained glass window. This months design lent itself best to duplicating (artistically) the center of the window. Using the line drawings from month one, I colored in the pieces. Transferred that to the actual paper pieces and proceeded. It wasn't until they were all pieced and I layed them out that I realized the colors had reversed. (Oops, the right side of the pattern is the wrong side of the sewn piece!). I went ahead and finished the block but was not happy with it. I also really struggled with the center circle, (did I mention I am doing this ¾ size?). Although I understand why Becky chose to put the circle in the middle, in the case of this block I really wanted the center seamless. Thank you ajclapp for posting your version without the center circle!
    With many more Y-seams, I redid block 4 to my satisfaction. In the words of Bob Ross “We don't make mistakes, we just have happy accidents.” and “Believe that you can do it cause you can do it.”

Comment

Your block is beautiful!

Comment

I’m having a blast with these quilt blocks. I’m using Alison Glass Observatory fabrics and have named my quilt Galactic. Here are my first four blocks:

Comment

Wow, Cozmac - really stellar, if you’ll pardon the pun!

Comment

In spite of the tribulations, it’s a spectacular interpretation.

Comment

is there a FB group Barbara? I have FB but not the others Thank you Brenda

Comment

oooh wow. these are so different. I love them

Comment

looks good with the stain glass colouring

Comment

No Facebook group. We want to keep TQS members here on the Forum so everyone can see the posts.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

thank you. i was confused by an earlier post

Comment

my block 4 - i found this quite difficult but at least its done.

Comment

Very well done.

Comment

This was a struggle.Hopefully I can catch up. Still working on 2018 :-)

Comment

This was a struggle.Hopefully I can catch up. Still working on 2018 :-)
                              20190416_135124.jpg

Comment

Such pretty colors!! Nice job.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 23 users online. 0 members and 23 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X