[vb_main_1]

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIZZLE SHOW AND TELL

Let's use this Topic as a place to show off your beautiful Sizzle Blocks. That way, you know where to come to see what everyone is doing.

The topics that apply to each month are a good place to ask questions or make suggestions for each block.

AND when you post your photos to Social Media, like Instagram, Facebook, etc., use either of these hash tags so everyone there will be able to find our wonderful work:

#sizzlebom
    #sizzle2019bom

Thanks!
    Barbara

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Here are my first two "combo" blocks, sort of warm and cool, using my own fabrics. These are used as "step-outs" for the two classes I teach each month, so the students can see the process. After the classes, I finish the block. The Cool Kit is the one I use to write the First of each Month blog on the pattern, so, yes, I am making two of these quilts.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Just saw this so edited my post to new hashtags!! Thanks!

Comment

Month 2 done and a picture of both Jan & Feb.

Comment

Fabulous idea, Barbara. Thank you!

Comment

Barbara - love your blocks! So vibrant!

Comment

Such beautiful blocks!! So nice to see everyone's work

Comment

Holly,
                Your first 2 blocks look fabulous!!! This is a picture of the 8 inch raw appliqué blocks I made from the line drawing in month 1.

HelenW

Comment

<<This is a picture of the 8 inch raw appliqué blocks I made from the line drawing in month 1>>
                  Wow, HelenW! These are so fun. This is your color plan for the actual stitched blocks, right? Are you planning to do more with them?

Comment

HelenW - wow! Those blocks are gorgeous!

Comment

Helen, these are beautiful! Did you use a fabric line for them, and if so, which one(s)?

Comment

Andrea,
                        These are scraps from my stash, but I plan to use the Hoffman 1895 Watercolor Bali Batiks. They are tone on tone colors with
                        no actual designs. Batiks Plus carries 380 different colors in that line. I have a chart I bought years ago that has the fabric swatches
                        so I can match these colors to the chart and order what I need. The black is Robert Kaufman kona jet black cotton.. I am having so
                        much fun just playing around with the possibilities.
                        HelenW

Comment

Holly,
                          Yes, I am working up these wall hanging blocks to decide on the layout for colors on the actual quilt. There are 8 rainbow colors so I just plan to order the
                          same amount of each color, and luckily I can order more if that plan does not work out because Batiks Plus always carries all the Hoffman 1895 Watercolor
                          Bali Batik line. Some of the extra black designs I am throwing in, may not work with the paper piecing. It is fun just playing around with all the possibilities.
                          Right now I plan to do the 9 blocks for the wall hanging and the appliqué border.
                          HelenW

Comment

Helen, It's fun to see how your black background & bright fabrics give these blocks an entirely different look. I can tell you're having fun...keep going & thanks for sharing!
                            Peggy

Comment

Here are my first two blocks.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 73 users online. 0 members and 73 guests.

Most users ever online was 141 at 03:13 AM on 05-15-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                              Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                              X