[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Putting all this color together with the busyness of the Kaffe has been a challenge for sure! I have learned a lot and am enjoying that.

Comment

I made a mistake on the white center square by making it too big. The side flying geese were too small. It was a struggle to trim it down to the correct size. It's a 6.5 in. Block by fudging.

Comment

I made a mistake on the white center square by making it too big. The side flying geese were too small. It was a struggle to trim it down to the correct size. It's a 6.5 in. Block by fudging.

Comment

I have one more block to make then add more Kaffe dots and Brassica, along with side setting pieces and borders. It's a challenge to work with such busy fabric and that's where I get a little stuck. Thoroughly enjoying this sew along with Alex and you all!

Comment

Alex made the perfect you tube video about why bias is so important. It is the perfect explanation. If you are at all confused about
              why a quarter square triangle puts

the bias on the outside of the pieced block when you add triangles to the corners of the on point pieced block.
              You must watch this!!!! Thank you Alex. HelenW

Comment

There are 20 blocks using Jane Sassaman's Butterfly Garden Collection. I may add another row to make it 24 blocks. I hope you like it as much as I do.

Comment

Trudysewist, I agree with you the business is a challenge. Specially for new quilter like me who tends to be a perfectionist. Lol

Comment

Blocks are in place, I’m experimenting with my less than perfect triangles. I plan to start sewing the good d triangles to the blocks today.

Comment

Another four blocks finished!

Comment

The business of the Kaffee fabrics has been a challenge for me too. I want to thank everyone for posting pictures, especially of your settings. This gives me new ideas of how to do mine.

Comment

Alex, can you discuss again how to size the side setting HST when the blocks are on point. (I.e. 6” block), as well as the corners. Thank you for all you have done!!! (And take a breather next week, you deserve it!!)

Comment

Sorry my design wall isn’t tall enough to take the full quilt so it’s draped across the desk.
                            It’s Finished, ready for quilting when I’ve pieced the backing using all the green and yellow blocks that were spare.
                            I have learnt so much about bias edges and using fine pins for accurate blocks, thank you Alex.

Comment

I have finished my layout in EQ8. Now to finish the last seven blocks.

pines/elaine

Comment

JillyPea - Beautiful quilt - you nailed it!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 66 users online. 0 members and 66 guests.

Most users ever online was 420 at 12:32 AM on 09-29-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X