Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "sewskeel" post=149350
    What size should each block measure after adding corners
    The finish size of my 6" pieced block with triangles on four sides is 9.5 inches (set on-point).

Comment

Originally posted by "quiltdew" post=149381
      Do you know what size square to put and sew like this for the on point squares next to the blocks Alex showed us? They should finish at 6.5 inches with 4 quarter squares making up the block.
      6” blocks set on point will finish at about 8.5”. The triangles that go around the block are different sizes Depending on whether you cut HST or QST.

This explains how to figure it out:

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com/2020/08/simple-math-for-quilters.html

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
      North Alabama, USA
      "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Originally posted by "quiltdew" post=149380
        That is so pretty. I am having a very hard time with the Kafffe fabric stretching. I am cutting a square, then cutting quarter square triangles and putting 4 different ones together. I know I have a bias and it is stretching badly.. How can I prevent this?
        Quiltdew, I don't feel quarter square triangle cuts are best for on point block corners due to where the bias will end up when sewn to the block. This diagram I made up hopefully will show you why. Hope this helps you.
        HelenW

Comment

I know it has a brown overall vibe, but this reminds me of looking at your blocks with a background of the night sky with stars. Great job!! Love this set! jo

Comment

I was using stash that I inherited from my Mom after she had to go into a home because of dementia. I enjoyed making the blocks, but had a very hard time putting them together with florals from the stash. I then came across some turtle fabric. The light bulb came on!! A baby quilt! So I changed how I pieced the blocks, using only solids and saved the white for using with the star points. My piecing has really improved, thanks to tips from Alex and others. I’m very pleased with the quilt top. Looking forward to the next project, as I will use the stash to make a quilt for my Mom.

Comment

The map of the wildfires near San Francisco this morning shows the Livermore area with 3 fires near it, about 5 miles away. I hope that Alex and family are OK. Kathy

Comment

clarkleigh, love your quilt... just beautiful...

Comment

Love it!

Comment

I like your idea! It is really hard to get a true replication of your idea until you cut fabric. At some point you just have to 'go for it'! jo

Comment

My pic I think looks how I feel, a bit scrambled. We got back home today after fire evacuation notice. I got a little sewing therapy in today, yay!
                      Good to be home and I hope
                      others are okay.

Comment

My pic I think looks how I feel, a bit scrambled. We got back home today after fire evacuation notice. I got a little sewing therapy in today, yay!
                        others are okay.

Comment

others are okay.

Comment

Have finished all the blocks for my mystery quilt. I still have to set my corners with kaffe and make a 12x24 applique and possibly do sashing and border but i love my blocks.

Comment

Have finished all the blocks for my mystery quilt. I still have to set my corners with kaffe and make a 12x24 applique and possibly do sashing and border but i love my blocks.

Comment

Looks Great and helps me with setting idea,Thank You

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 63 users online. 0 members and 63 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X