[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is mine so far. I haven’t sewn anything together yet. Is there anything that looks like it doesn’t belong before I sew it together?

Comment

Oh my goodness, I messed up all my blocks!
      Argh, luckily I only had 5 done!!
      Lol, I have been a member here off and on for quite awhile, admiring everyone’s work and the shows and of course buying. But always very nervous about doing the actual work. I guess I would categorize myself as an intermediate beginner.Anyway I cut my finished block to the “finished” size Hope to finish

Comment

Originally posted by "ghoney" post=149437
        Oh my goodness, I messed up all my blocks!
        Argh, luckily I only had 5 done!!
        Lol, I have been a member here off and on for quite awhile, admiring everyone’s work and the shows and of course buying. But always very nervous about doing the actual work. I guess I would categorize myself as an intermediate beginner.Anyway I cut my finished block to the “finished” size Hope to finish
        If you make the rest of the blocks the same size, you will just have a bit smaller top. Or you could add extra fabric around the blocks. A move I would call a design decsion, not messing up. And yes, been there done that. But, one time when I did think I "Messed up" my quitling teacher told me to whack off the extra lenght of fabric to make it fit the quilt - I ad a strip of blocks that was just a tad long. She then said, if you can't see [it] from 50 feet on a galloping horse, then it is not a problem. She also said, if someone is looking at this project that closely, well maybe the problem is theirs....

Good luck on your journey with It's a Mystery to Me.

pines/elaine

Comment

I'm thinking it's going to work. I'm liking the secondary pattern, I could see it until I put it on the design wall.

Comment

Wow, the aboriginal prints and your pieced blocks are beautiful together!! Interested in seeing your finished quilt. I hope you post :-))

Comment

So far this is my favorite settings.. good job.

Comment

Wow -- that's amazing.

Comment

I love the touch of black in some of the blocks it makes the whole thing pop!

Comment

Pines, I just love this you have coped with the white so well and it’s so clean and modern, fabulous! I love it as it is without any more blocks, so contemporary.

Comment

Originally posted by "Suemar" post=149439
                      I'm thinking it's going to work. I'm liking the secondary pattern, I could see it until I put it on the design wall.
                      I like your secondary pattern as well.
                      pines

Comment

OH MY! I LOVE what you have done with the blocks and the appliqué! Just fabulous! , Kim S

Comment

WOW!

Comment

Love your setting! The white triangles make it pop!

Comment

Thank you so much. I also think it will be wonderful when finished.

Comment

Still playing, but added more dots as setting triangles. Thinking about the border and need to stew on it awhile longer.

Saying prayers for everyone near the fires in CA and asking for rain . . . gentle rain.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 39 users online. 0 members and 39 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X