• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocks are completed but not sewn together = not sure they will fit

Comment

I love this! So clean!

Comment

I made great progress this week

with getting some blocks completed using my strip sets. I’m enjoying this so much and feel like it’s really a marvelous way of learning about color.

Comment

I made great progress this week using my strip sets as solids and I’m pleased. I’m enjoying this so much and feel like it’s really expanded my color sensibility.

Comment

Jillypea, I love it! great job!

Comment

I really enjoy sharing with you. Alex is my inspiration and you are my encouragement to keep sewing. Thank you.
              The applique is done and this is the size of the top of a queen mattress so now it is on to the borders.

Comment

Thank You Alex!
                I love my quilt.

Comment

OK, so I have liked the Kaffe fabric- but never purchased any before now... never knew how I would use it. So this really moved me out of my comfort zone. It was a great journey and I thoroughly enjoyed it. So here's my top, auditioning a stipe as a border - thinking maybe 3 inch border? I plan to do a bit of embroidery and applique on the white blocks, thinking perhaps vines and leaves? Since it was laying on top of another project I've been working on finishing up from another site (Pat Sloan and friends Splendid Sampler - the first one.) There are 121 blocks including a few I added to personalize it for my life: We live in Idaho, We added a puppy in January to our family, and I had to put a label somewhere. Thought you might like to see that as well.

Comment

This was a challenge for me in that most of my quilts are derived from a pattern that I often tweak. That said, I rather enjoyed using a design wall and found that taking multiple photos with my phone helped me determine what block to place where. Some of the pieced blocks are intended to bridge the various colors contained in the Kaffe prints - for example using the 4-pinwheel patches to help the eye move from block to block and color to color. I also tried to graduate from bright, lighter values at the top to the darker values at the bottom of the quilt and I wanted the blocks to float against the background fabrics. Sorry the photo is crooked, but the real quilt looks good and I'm looking forward to having it quilted as well as participating in the next challenge from Alex.

Comment

I fussy cut 8.5 inch squares out of the Kaffe fabrics to go with my pieced blocks. I am using the QAYG (quilt-as-you-go) method to put this all together (no on-point for this beginner) after I embellish the Kaffe squares, meaning I'll have a narrow border in between. I was thinking of using the leftover solid colors for the sashings. I don't have a design wall, but this is on a bed. Hubby is down with a back injury so I don't know when I'll get back to it to finish it. But here is my layout so far (imagine sashing strips).

Comment

Trudysewist, your quilt top is lovely!

Comment

Bbauwens, your blocks are completely lovely with your special fabrics! Really looking forward to your finished quilt top!

Comment

Karonray, all your lovely appliqué is the perfect addition to the quilt! Well done!

Comment

Sunnysewsit, I love that you fussy cut those cabbages! Fantastic choice!

Comment

I agree. Love ther fussy cut Kaffe of sunnysewsit.
                                Originally posted by "needlecat" post=149434
                                Sunnysewsit, I love that you fussy cut those cabbages! Fantastic choice!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 68 users online. 0 members and 68 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X