[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I decided to use fabric from a friend, but there was only enough for five rows. It is what it is. I am grateful

for the instruction.

Comment

Love your backing! So amazing!!

Comment

Magnificent Quilt! You should be so thrilled with this amazing quilt! Now, I wish I had worked on this sew along!

Comment

[quote]Struggling with this, not sure where to go[quote
          Margaretjeffers - The advice Alex has been giving is to just keep going. Make a few more blocks. I struggled when I only had a few, but now I can see where I'm going and how things will come together. It may only take 1 or 2 more blocks. I'm making a LARGE quilt so it took me a few more than that,. I will post where I am tomorrow and what the plan is for the overall quilt.

Comment

beautiful1

Comment

I think your work is wonderful and would look forward to see the grand finish.

Comment

Thanks for your kind comments!

Comment

GrandPaula, looks like the setting sun behind your house, beautiful!

Comment

If I can get the basket block with setting triangles to 18” it will work....wish me luck :lol:

Comment

Margaretjeffers, Are you planning on adding any blocks other than pieced blocks like the ones shown? You might try what Djane did with her layout, only having your
                      basket as the center instead of a star. Don't for get the 18 inches need to be 18 1/2 to include the seam allowance and still fit the distance of 3 pieced 6 inch blocks plus
                      their 1/2 inch seam allowance. You could make several borders to get the size so it would be math friendly. I think I would just make the yellow triangles bigger and float
                      the points of the basket block so they end about 1/2 inch from the edge of the finished block. I have included a screen shot of a modified shoo fly block where the little
                      4 patches are floated within their piece. Look how the points don't quite go to the seam at the edge near the middle. HelenW

Comment

Love your FG and layout, JBHerm
                        Julia

Comment

Yes was considered that, was also thinking about putting 4” blocks in the “corners “ will have to see how that goes.

Comment

17.75” It is a 12” block

Comment

Originally posted by "margaretjeffers" post=149605
                              17.75” It is a 12” block
                              A 12" block set on point has a 17" finished side. To cut HST to fit that, the true measurement is to cut a square 17.875". I would cut the square 18" to allow a bit of fudge.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Just keep on truckin'. I ran into a big UGH around block 25; Cut my setting corners and started mixing them up. Looked at for quite a while and the next day I was ready to start sewing my remaining blocks. Sometimes just stopping, mixing it up and standing back can reboot your muse.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 93 users online. 0 members and 93 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X