[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the quilt settings.. you did a great job. its going to be hard for me..The colors are gorgeous..

Comment

Would not guess you are a new quilter. Your blocks are wonderful. Also guessing you are from the south. (painted toenails) Me too

Comment

Hi all,

Since I wanted a small quit I finished it. This was so much fun and two of my friends joined. Thank you Alex.

Comment

All done ... the blocks, that is. Waiting for inspiration on setting.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

I have enjoyed watching Alex Live since the start. I have learned so much and I believe I have improved my piecing skills exponentially. My daughter helped me choose a setting for a small quilt with four nine-patch blocks. Each nine block group has a Kaffe Fussy Cut flower with eight blocks of like color solid/Kafffe pieced blocks. I hope to complete sewing the third and forth sections today. As I made it small, I am already planning another quilt with the "leftovers". Thanks Alex for leading us on this journey with Kaffe mystery, the Sequoia quilt pattern, and the Redwork pillow, too. I had so much fun.

Comment

Comment

What size triangles did you cut for the on point blocks? Thank you.. Im interested in this settings

Comment

I used 7.25 triangles cut twice.

Comment

I think you could do this any time. All the videos are on You Tube. You need the block book and a color wheel. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Comment

That is so pretty. I'm having a very hard time with the Kafffe fabric stretching. I'm cutting a square, then cutting quarter square triangles and putting 4 different ones together. I know I've got a bias and it is stretching badly.. How can I prevent this?

Comment

That is so pretty. I am having a very hard time with the Kafffe fabric stretching. I am cutting a square, then cutting quarter square triangles and putting 4 different ones together. I know I have a bias and it is stretching badly.. How can I prevent this?

Comment

Do you know what size square to put and sew like this for the on point squares next to the blocks Alex showed us? They should finish at 6.5 inches with 4 quarter squares making up the block.

Comment

They are all nice and look great, but I am partial to stars and I have to vote for them. But also from a design standpoint, I feel they give the design the most "grounding". This combination gets a bit busy, the congregation of the same color/print to create the star around the block seems to bring a bit of calm to the design. If it will not waste fabric, which it looks like your are cutting the same shapes, you can try each on your design wall and see which you like best with the real fabric. Have fun deciding!
                              jo

Comment

If you have more to cut, try starching your fabric very heavily. If you have not previously washed it, this may cause it to shrink a bit. So don't starch those you have already cut. For those you might try staystitching along the edge of the fabric within the 1/4" seam allowance. Go very slowly, as you don't want this process to stretch it even more. I am not working with that fabric, so my suggestions are based on my work with other fabrics and I am not sure if it will help you with this one. You could try one or two and see. Also, remember Alex's admonishment to not iron over the bias edge. When joining them to the block, put the bias side down on the machine bed . Be sure to pin so that whatever fullness has now been created on your bias side is equally distributed over the length of the seam. Good Luck!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 71 users online. 0 members and 71 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X