[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love this layout with the tone on tones, gives your eye a place to rest but then leads you on to appreciate the work in the individual blocks.

Comment

Thank you Needlecat, I started that collection on a trip to central Australia but have a LQS with a great range too.

Comment

Bbauwins. Your fabrics and combinations are great. Please show your final results as I bet the quilt will be spectacular! I am so impressed with the creativity of all of you

Comment

One last try.

Comment

One more try.
            C0E749EE-0BCC-4AD9-9BA3-339510B66A28.jpeg

Comment

This is how I am arranging my blocks, although I plan to make 3 more. I want to do hst’s for the border, although I may need some help with that! They are arranged pretty much from light to dark value.

Comment

This is my plan, although I want to make 3 more blocks and an hst border.

Comment

This is my plan, with 3 more blocks and an hst border.

Comment

My goodness--so beautiful!

Comment

Using Kaffe from my stash and I limited my blocks to ones that “spin.” Still moving things around on my design wall but liking the vibe.

Comment

This weekend I placed with offset seams on the Card Trick Block. I also made the Ribbon block on the left and the modified Ribbon on the right.

The Card Trick block on the left and the modifed Card with the offset seams is on on the right.

pines/elaine

Comment

This weekend I placed with offset seams on the Cord Trick Block. I also made the Ribbon block on the left and the modified Ribbon on the right.

The Card Trick block on the left and the modifed Card with the offset seams is on on the right.

pines/elaine

Comment

Originally posted by "martinjm" post=149239
                            Using Kaffe from my stash and I limited my blocks to ones that “spin.” Still moving things around on my design wall but liking the vibe.
                            I like the spin!

elaine/pines

Comment

Just a thought, Alex, if you’re still looking for something to do. Take a look at Handy Andy, Number 42. It’s a doozy. I did fine until I got to the sewing of part B-C-B. Talk about wonky shapes! I think the cutting dimensions for B could have been bigger, and that’s what I finally did to make it work. Also working out what the final cut size of the various units was a true test of the little grey cells. That last view of the completed block before trimming to 6 1/2 inches was an adventure. Your instruction has been invaluable.

Comment

We have the same Kaffe pattern fabric (vintage), but mine is the blue colorway! I also have another blue (primarily, also Kaffe vintage) that I will be working with. I love your blocks and that you chose not to use the white. I am thinking of a totally different set for mine, because I feel that it just needs more white visually to make it work for my eye. White can be problematic because of the strong contrast it creates. It can take the focus off of where you want your eye to go. You don't have that problem in your grouping. Can't wait to see what you do with yours!!
                                jo

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 52 users online. 0 members and 52 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X