[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have learned so much from ALex and from other quilters. I would like to post a photo of my quilt so far ("Borrowed some ideas from others). But i don't know how to post it.

Comment

Originally posted by "HelenW" post=149500
      Gradyk, Don't give up on your layout. I think it is just a work in progress. When I made this concept idea in EQ8 it did not start out looking like anything I would make, but
      after reworking and reworking it, I think in the future I will make it. The black needs a strong presence to make the colors pop against the back ground. Try auditioning it
      with different sized sashings in black. HelenW
      I am so thankful to have EQ for my design wall.

Comment

wow. so neat!

Comment

Originally posted by "sundancesassy" post=149511
          I have learned so much from ALex and from other quilters. I would like to post a photo of my quilt so far ("Borrowed some ideas from others). But i don't know how to post it.
          Go here, first post has a link to a minute video on how to use the Forum and post photos.

https://thequiltshow.com/forum/this-and-that-quilting-related/9008-how-to-post-on-the-forum?start=14

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
          North Alabama, USA
          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

Since my grandkids were gone this weekend (last) I worked on putting mystery together. It took longer to put last four rows together. The family likes it but it has too much white for me. I like making bed .size so will be putting boarders on it. Did work out of my comfort zone which was hard. Will have daughter put top on Facebook. Not handy with internet.

Comment

I have been looking through the book but can't seem to recognize the block that almost looks like a duck with a bow on it's head (?). Does anyone know the name of it? I think it is so cute and want to put it in the quilt.

Of course, as soon as I posted this I opened the book and recognized "Baby Bunting"!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Comment

Got my blocks laid out for one corner on my design wall. I like it. I am going to add white geese to the flying geese shapes. I also think it am going to add a thin (maybe 2 inch) purple border around that, then another set of flying geese on the outside. I think I can make this bed sized that way. I like it. This project has been such fun. I will be finishing it while the next project goes forward. I am not a basket fan anyway.

Comment

Nice job!

Comment

Thank you djane! I tried different things with the border but that seemed the one that I like the most. I just sewed on the third one and the quilt looks very different already. I think when the final is sewn on, it will be different again.

Comment

pines, do I see a 1/4 inch fold line around your block so that you know where to sew them down? I like that idea!

Comment

Both of your quilts are superb!!!

Comment

Hi Alex -- I have learned SOOO much from your Facebook Live, and look forward to each session. I want to post a picture of my quilt so far, but could not do it this morning. Barbara Black's response and video link was helpful, EXCEPT that there was no category for the Mystery Quilt. So I am posting it here. I used some of the ideas presented by you and others and all of a sudden the quilt started coming together. ( I didn't want to cut up Kaffe's fabric too much.) I would love any feedback from you, including how and where to post it so others can see. Thank you

Comment

I’m setting my quilt on point and threw in a wonky block. Still playing with it.

Comment

Originally posted by "sundancesassy" post=149529
                              Hi Alex -- I have learned SOOO much from your Facebook Live, and look forward to each session. I want to post a picture of my quilt so far, but could not do it this morning. Barbara Black's response and video link was helpful, EXCEPT that there was no category for the Mystery Quilt. So I am posting it here. I used some of the ideas presented by you and others and all of a sudden the quilt started coming together. ( I didn't want to cut up Kaffe's fabric too much.) I would love any feedback from you, including how and where to post it so others can see. Thank you
                              Sundancesassy--every time you come to the Forum, first go to Recent Topics--you will quickly see the Topics most active and be able to post on them.

I moved you here so everyone who is looking for these posts can see yours.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

To HelenW and pines: I have a question for the 2 of you. I have EQ but need to learn how to use it. Recommendations, please.
                                Thank you.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 67 users online. 0 members and 67 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X