[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was concerned about the size of the squares at first due to having arthritis in both hands, but once I got started there was no stopping me. I was way way behind everybody as I didn't have the Kaffe fabrics, so raided my stash and pulled out some batiks and plains and off I went

Comment

Thank you, I already know how I want to quilt it. But have to finish it first :-)

Comment

This has been so much fun. It just needs a border. Thinking of doing like Alex with 1/2 square triangles.Suggestions appreciated!
        The attached photo is turned sideways.

Comment

Thanks Alex for the work it takes to put on this “class”. It was a challenge for sure. I made it more challenging, because I didn’t buy the block book. I recently downsized and figured the book I had would work- wrong! Challenge 1- no block names were the same. I had to flip though my book to find a match. Challenge 2- When I couldn’t find a match then I had to find a block that had enough elements the same and change those elements that weren’t the same. Actually enjoyed that part- learned a lot about block design. Challenge 3 using my own fabric- I enjoyed the color learning experience. I did use Joan Wolfram’s 3-1 Color book. Found my color wheel after I finished!! By the time it came to setting the blocks I was challenged out. I just did a simple arrangement. Tried quilting using the meander stitch on my machine set to the longest setting. It's Ok, but probably needs more stitching. PS Ordering the block book

Comment

How do I post on the forum please I did it once but cannot remember how

Comment

So to post on the Forum I have to use the reply feature???? Sorry you must think I am nuts!!!!

Here, hopefully are some pictures of some of my blocks

Comment

More blocks, doing it now whilst I see how to do it....

Comment

My little houses 3" square to fit in with thew border...

Comment

Originally posted by "janstitcher" post=149802
                    So to post on the Forum I have to use the reply feature???? Sorry you must think I am nuts!!!!

Here, hopefully are some pictures of some of my blocks
                    Yes, you are Replying to the Topic.

You figured it out--good!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                    North Alabama, USA
                    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

janstitcher: love your bright colors and tiny houses. looking forward to seeing the top stitched together.
                      -Terri

Comment

So here is my complete quilt, just the top it needs pressing then quilting which I love to do. Thank you so much Alex I would never ever have made this in a million years without your guidance and fun classes, please don't ever change. You are great.
                        I didn't use any white in my quilt as I wanted the colours to glow and hopefully they do. My daughter said wow so I guess when it is finished it will go and be hers.
                        I am looking at the basket quilt but really unsure whether to have a go or not. Watch this space as they say....

Comment

I need to piece a few more blocks, but the mock up is there. I started getting too busy and had to redo some blocks.
                          Since I went Rouge, took me a bit to figure out. Thinking I'll leave the sides zig zagie, new challenge for binding.

Comment

Oops the picture didn't post, sorry.

Comment

Janstitcher, your quilt just glows with colours, especially the pinks, beautiful!

Comment

trying to attach my finished blocks

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 50 users online. 0 members and 50 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X