[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sewtoomuch, love your top and how you finished with your set-in design. Hope you don’t care if I copy your idea. Julia (Sweetshelties)

Comment

Absolutely. Look carefully at the difference between the sides and the top and bottom. They are different. My set used 25 blocks. So it is 5 x5. If you have more rows it will be different

Comment

Finished my mystery quilt today. Mine is a queen size. Thanks Alex this was fun.

Comment

Thanks much, sewtoomuch! Julia (Sweetshelties)

Comment

I wanted to reinforce my new flying geese technique!

Comment

After I learned the new flying geese technique I couldn't stop! No half or quarter square triangles for me.

Comment

I have had so much fun with this project. I started a little late and since I have plenty of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, I decided to use what I had and mix in solids and other fabrics that read as solids. Many, many of my fabrics came from my Kaffe scrap basket. Since I didn’t have a lot of large pieces, I had to come up with a layout that featured our blocks and still used a wide variety of fabrics. I gave the blocks a wonky twist. The blocks are sashed with an eggplant colored fabric (it is not black).

Alex, if you look at the closeup picture you may recognize the fabric in the center of the block. It is one of your P & B fabrics! I found it in the box with my Kaffe fabrics. You were playing with his fabric long before this - a least at my house!!

Thank you so much for gifting us with this project just when we all needed it.

Donna

Comment

I have had so much fun with this project. I started a little late and since I have plenty of Kaffe Fassett fabrics, I decided to use what I had and mix in solids and other fabrics that read as solids. Many, many of my fabrics came from my Kaffe scrap basket. Since I didn’t have a lot of large pieces, I had to come up with a layout that featured our blocks and still used a wide variety of fabrics. I gave the blocks a wonky twist. The blocks are sashed with an eggplant colored fabric (it is not black).

Alex, if you look at the closeup picture you may recognize the fabric in the center of the block. It is one of your P & B fabrics! I found it in the box with my Kaffe fabrics. You were playing with his fabric long before this - a least at my house!!

Thank you so much for gifting us with this project just when we all needed it.

Donna

Comment

I reworked my backing by adding some "triangles" on top and bottom. I think I like this one better. Sewing it together will be a challenge and may force me to change it again. Looking forward to seeing what happens as sometimes it tells me what to do!

Comment

Great minds think alike, that's the border I plan on doing, because I think it looks fantastic with Kaffe fabrics.

Comment

Time to Quilt...
                        Just playing around with EQ8 and the theme we are on for todays lesson from Alex. HelenW

Comment

sewTooMuch, love your border!it blends in beautifully.

Comment

HelenW, I LOVE your quilt that you have mapped out on EQ8. The center is SOO sweet!

Comment

PaolaRB, Thank you for the compliment. This is the layout I drafted in EQ8 to make the sewing machine. I had a pattern a
                              that was a sewing machine made of blocks but it was too big so I redrafted it and changed some of the blocks. I gave that pattern away to a quilting friend.
                              Last year I needed a gift for my quilting friend that moved from Idaho to Colorado. So I decided to make it for
                              her new sewing studio (room). The one I made was only 18 by 24 inches.

I did not pieced the blocks on the sewing machine I did raw edge applique. It turned out so cute
                              I hated to give it away. But I can always make another for my self, if I want to. HelenW

This is the pattern that I adapted the sewing machine from.

Comment

Now I have 21 if the 24 I plan to do. And I love the experience. Some are better than others but I am happy. As I work full-time here in Germany I have to find time and mood to work on it. And I love the book and the color wheel.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 96 users online. 0 members and 96 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X