[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning! Here it is so far. I’ll might use dashing and I have two more blocks to make, they are the squares of Kaffe fabric.

The photo is turned sideways! The yellow blocks go to top.

Comment

My quilt is completed and quilted. Thanks Alex, it was truly a mystery. I started using white in the blocks and abandoned that idea and went with all color. Then I must’ve had about six different layouts on my design wall, Straight set, Point set, and eventually ended up with random placement of the blocks. I really love it. Thanks again!

Comment

Top finished! Thank you so much Alex, this was so much fun! The best part was seeing how everyone approached it differently. So many beautiful quilts! Now on to the quilting. I think it might be a challenge with all the bulky seams. Definitely a job for my walking foot!

Comment

Sherryquilts, What a fabulous quilt!!! I love the curvy quilt design you used for the quilting. It just flows with all the movement of the colors. I love that you
          did not have a white or black theme in your blocks. It just seems warm and cozy. Very Kaffe blending.The back is wonderful idea. I love the look and it is a way to not have to seam two
          pieces of backing for a plain back. Be sure to put a label on it. Job well done, and done so quickly!!!! HelenW

Comment

Top is finished! Thank you so much Alex this was so much fun. The best part was seeing how everyone approached it differently. So many beautiful quilts! Now onto the quilting, which I think might be a challenge with all the bulky seams

. Definitely a job for my walking foot!

Comment

I borrowed someone’s idea for a setting - thank you! I’m thinking of putting a block in each corner which means my border will have to be 6”. I love how it’s turning out!

Comment

I decided I wanted a house and heart so I had to figure out how I was going to incorporate them. First I put the star around the house. That made it too big. Then I decided to put the blue HSTs around it. I like that better. I will float the house block to make it fit.
                Decided to make 4 three inch hearts and spin them. That way none of them are either up or down.

Comment

This is the final layout. Signature block in progress. I have changed the layout at least 50 or more times. This has been one of the most difficult quilts. Truly a mystery to me. Hope I solved it!!!!

Comment

Here is my first mystery quilt top. It is made with fabric left over from a quilt I made last year. I wanted something that made me feel happy and this does. I am working on the one with solids and Kaffe Fabrics. I'm hoping to have it pieced this weekend. This has been a delightful project. Thank you Alex! Sorry about the glare.

Comment

HelenW I love the Sewing machine

Comment

Struggling with this, not sure where to go

Comment

I love your quilt! It’s beautiful!

Comment

I decided to make the Covid Mystery Quilt with 3" blocks. But when it came to putting it together, I couldn't make my Kaffe fabric work!
                            So, I went a totally different way. My quilt measures 24" square. It was challenging to make but a fun way to spend the hot summer in southern Florida.

Comment

What is the measurement across the diagonal part of the basket block? I am wondering if the center will work our once the smaller blocks are sewn together.

Comment

I decided to use fabric from a friend, but there was only enough for five rows. It is what it is. I am grateful

for the instruction.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 84 users online. 0 members and 84 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X