Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the photos will post!

Comment

I’m making 2 of each block. I’m making some with no white.

Comment

I am LOVING everyone's blocks. I really like the ones with black as the neutral, but the homage to Freddie with the red as the neutral is really spectacular. I can't wait to see more of them. Here are mine thrown up on the design wall. I decided to put some 12 and 9 inch blocks in here and there so it looks a little odd with only the two 12" blocks up. I am probably going to cut the Kaffe into 6, 9 and 12 inch squares and scatter them throughout. I am going to need a bigger design wall!

I also have a question about colors. I would like to bring in some of my own hand dyes, but they are brighter colors than the ones from the kit. I'm making a large quilt so need more solids. In the picture my hand dyes are in the bundle at the back, the hand dyes from the bundle are in front. What do you gys think? Will they play well together or should I dye some more along the lines of those from the bundle?

Comment

I’m making two of each block. One is with white and some of the other blocks are without white. I like the pictures of blocks of varying sizes so I may try some bigger blocks.

Comment

Brenda, I love the variety of size blocks you are using. It will really add interest in design. Also, your hand dyed fabrics are to die for. I think they will fit right in.
            Here is your Freddie red as a neutral. Having fun. HelenW
            t

Comment

try again fourth time!
              IMG_0341.jpg

Comment

It took a while to fihure out what my modified Single Wedding Ring block was going to be. But I figured it out. Also attached are my Whilrwind - modified version on the left. I even used my least favorite color (pink) in the unmodified block.

Comment

Wow, wow, wow! I was thinking about adding black sashing. Thank you so much showing me how it would look, Helen.
                  Karen (gradyk)

Comment

Originally posted by "bhalbard" post=148632
                    I am LOVING everyone's blocks. I really like the ones with black as the neutral, but the homage to Freddie with the red as the neutral is really spectacular. I can't wait to see more of them. Here are mine thrown up on the design wall. I decided to put some 12 and 9 inch blocks in here and there so it looks a little odd with only the two 12" blocks up. I am probably going to cut the Kaffe into 6, 9 and 12 inch squares and scatter them throughout. I am going to need a bigger design wall!

I also have a question about colors. I would like to bring in some of my own hand dyes, but they are brighter colors than the ones from the kit. I'm making a large quilt so need more solids. In the picture my hand dyes are in the bundle at the back, the hand dyes from the bundle are in front. What do you gys think? Will they play well together or should I dye some more along the lines of those from the bundle?
                    I love the different size blocks. They add some zest!

Comment

Love, love, love seeing everyone’s blocks and fabrics. For me, this mystery is becoming about more than color, but also cutting, dab of glue, true 1/4 seam, pressing and laughing at my dumb mistake each time I have had to “un sew”. Thank you, Alex, Captain John, Barbara and forum contributors for hints and tips. Appreciate you! Terri S.
                      -Terri

Comment

I’m loving looking at everyone’s beautiful blocks. I have used the white in all my blocks so far. I’m seeing to add more interest I need to make some without the white.
                        -Terri

Comment

REMINDER--DO NOT START A NEW TOPIC FOR THE KAFFE MYSTERY QUILT

Friendly reminder---all Kaffe Mystery Quilt posts need to be made here on this Topic.

Why? If everyone started a new Topic to ask questions or post their photos, anyone who wants to see them would have to open and look at each separate Topic. Keeping it all here makes it "Home Central" for all Kaffe Mystery Quilt posts.

This Category is This and That (Quilting Related) and the Topic is Kaffe Mystery Quilt--Learn With Alex

When new Topics are started I move them here.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                          North Alabama, USA
                          "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I got a little busy with pinwheels

Comment

Today’s picture. I’m still trying to figure out where I am going. It’s beginning to show personality. I think everyone is developing personalities. Happy Sunday.

Comment

I just looked at this picture and I see a mistake. good to take a picture

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X