[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stripes were perfect for the spool. Cute, cute, cute.

Comment

Starting to make some stars. Glad to find some polka dots!

Comment

I like the calmness and I love the colors. And, now you can go purchase more fabric because you are using up your stash, lol.

Comment

Like some other quilters, my blocks were telling me it was time to wrap this one up. Here is my quilt top, and now I’m pondering quilt design and binding. This has been much fun and I’ve become a “touch of glue” convert!

Comment

Love the layout on this quilt top.

Comment

This is my tentative prototype for a wall quilt. These would be placed on the right (and left) side and top and bottom with the other blocks, bordering a larger center block, 'Road to California'. I will decide what the center block colors will be.
              Looking at the construction of my earlier blocks I can see a definite improvement in skill. I've made 4 quilts since starting 4 years ago. I think I'll keep this one as first three were gifts. I'm simultaneously working on two other gift quilts.

Comment

Tentative prototype for a wall quilt with the other blocks on all 4 sides with a larger center block of the 'Road to California'; haven't decided on use of colors. Love the intense colors of Brassica but, can be overwhelming to me when they are all sewn next to each other. Thus the black separator. Finished quilt may be posted later as I'm simultaneously working on two other quilt projects for gifts.
                I can tell a definite improvement in skill from my earlier blocks on this project since I've been quilting for 4 years. More to come!! Stay tuned

Comment

Originally posted by "needlecat" post=149331
                  Like some other quilters, my blocks were telling me it was time to wrap this one up. Here is my quilt top, and now I’m pondering quilt design and binding. This has been much fun and I’ve become a “touch of glue” convert!
                  Beautiful!!!!!

Comment

Needlecat, Great looking quilt. Love the border treatment. I think I would continue to emphasize it by making the binding black on that
                    part of the border and the multicolor on that part of the border. For quilting, it might look nice to just do stitch in the ditch with mono
                    poly thread so you don't have to constantly change thread and it does not add a distraction to the eye since there is a lot going on. You could do simple meandering in the mulicolored triangles. Or grid work
                    might look good too. I like the way you used half pieced blocks as some of your setting triangles. Good job!!! HelenW

Comment

needlecat Your use of the border print and fabric is lesson in simplicity and beauty. Was the setting a plan from the beginning or grew with the quilt? Thank you for the inspiration.

Comment

Very cool how your blocks just float on the busy background. Very nice!

Comment

I use this method and I also just attach to the back and edge stitch on top. I am not entering these in a competition so I don’t hand stitch them on.

Comment

This is absolutely beautiful!

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

WOW

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X