[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally finished sewing the top blocks together. Now to design and apply the borders. Used Tula Pink fabric in the top also. Look for the birds.

Comment

I finished my top. I used one Kaffe, a yellow i had in my stash.

Comment

Here is my quilt in progress. I have heart surgery next week, so I can’t work for long periods before I’m exhausted. Thus my quilt top isn’t complete, but I’ll get there. I’ve always wanted to do a black and white quilt, and this is my compromise.

Should I add a small (3/4”) black border to the edge?

Thanks!
        Kami

Comment

Here is my quilt in progress. I have to have heart surgery next week, so I can’t work for long periods before I’m exhausted. Thus my quilt top isn’t complete, but I’ll get there. I’ve always wanted to do a black and white quilt, and this is my compromise.

Should I add a small (3/4”) black border to the edge?

Thanks!
          Kami

Comment

Mrsreyes, it's beautiful! a job well done! and good luck on your surgery!!!

Comment

What are going to do to bind this one? Love your borders

Comment

mrsreyes...your quilt looks wonderful. I like how you have put the colours together in the blocks. Praying your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery.

Comment

I love your quilt. It is one of my favorites! I would add the black if you are planning to add another border.

Good luck with your surgery.

Comment

Kami - I love your quilt. The colorful blocks really pop on the black and white background. I would add the narrow black border - it will tie in with the sashing, and also give you a firm edging for finishing your quilt.
                    Hope your surgery goes as planned, and you're back with us soon!
                    Diane

Comment

Sewskeel, I haven’t even thought of binding yet! I usually wait until the end, and let the quilt talk to me. I plan on adding a small black border and finishing up with the white. We will see!

Comment

I really enjoyed created this quilt. I need to do the border next Thank for the encouragement

Anna Kisling

Comment

Quilting Your Quilt, Last video Alex had a watcher ask about thread tension. And she gave good advice. Do not touch the bobbin tension, just the top tension.
                          A lot of you will be auditioning different threads to see their look or color on a sample. Superior Threads has tons of educational information and a chart that
                          suggests top tensions for various threads. If you are one of those people that plan to use clear monopoly for the first time, so you don't feel the need to change colors,
                          please note how low your top tension has to be. Otherwise the thread will be breaking constantly. I took a couple screen shots so you can find the into on their site.
                          HelenW

Comment

What everyone is doing is wonderful to watch. So much fun to watch each quilt grow. From the simplest to the more complicated everyone is unique and special. Thank you for sharing your journeys. When my husband left the Army after 30 years I and we moved I started quilting to find another community of friends. Quilters are a wonderful group of people.

When I started to watch Alex's 'Kaffe's mystery to me' such a project was not in the plan. But after 63 blocks and three rows of applique the top is finished. It is queen size with a 16" drop [distance the quilt hangs down] . Now to load it on the longarm and custom quilt it. I'm a little afraid to start the basket quilt.

Comment

I decided to add a house and hearts.
                              The house colors are similar to my house. I plan to quilt Newquist below the window.

Comment

I decided to add a house and hearts.
                                The house colors are similar to my house. I plan to quilt Newquist below the window.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 85 users online. 0 members and 85 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X