[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "sherryquilts" post=149162
    Can someone tell me why my photo rotates a quarter turn when I insert it into my post. It looks weird in that orientation from the way it was shot.
    I'm guessing here but, did you shoot the picture in 'Landscape' view?? I've done this on occasion.

Comment

No, I took the photo in regular (portrait) orientation. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

I love the way both the Kaffe fabrics and the pieced blocks are showcased without visually over lapping each other.

Comment

Originally posted by "sherryquilts" post=149162
          Can someone tell me why my photo rotates a quarter turn when I insert it into my post. It looks weird in that orientation from the way it was shot.
          Sherryquilts, I put my picture on the desktop of the computer than click on the add a file and insert. It always turns out in the correct orientation. You might give that a try.
          HelenW

Comment

Confusion on the quarter square and half square triangles and where the stretchy Bias is....
            Thought a visual would help. You don't want the Bias to be on the outside of the square or pieced borders because it will stretch and the quilt get wonky and
            won't lay flat or hang straight if a wall hanging. Hope this helps the quilters that are just getting started. I almost always use half square triangles. HelenW

Comment

This is my finished quilt top. I really love how it turned out. Thanks for the tips and tricks, Alex.

Comment

This is my finished quilt top. I love it. Thanks for all the tips and tricks, Alex! ??

Comment

If your head is spinning over the math for the setting triangles, go to page 126 where ALL the math is done for you. For instance, a 6 inch finished block needs a 5.25 block cut diagonally. Likewise, a 9.75 block cut in half diagonally twice gives the side triangles. The back of the book is FULL of useful info.

Comment

Originally posted by "mrsreyes" post=149150
                    I’ve decided to float them, but also add thin black slashing between the big blocks. A lot more work, but I think it will be visually appealing. Thanks, Kami
                    Looking forward to seeing your setting.

Comment

Inquiring minds want to see, mrseyes!

Comment

Great job! Love your colors

Comment

Love your blocks, each set with a Kaffe fabric.

Comment

Aside from precision piecing, I was also more organized. Some tips for those interested:
                            1. I got one of those small clothes dryer racks and hung my fabric next to my cutting table, so much easier to look at colors and find what I was looking for! No piles of mess all over.
                            2. Used a small makeup brush holder to hold my ‘tools’, no more looking around. ($5.00 at Five Degrees).
                            3. Used a great rotating mat; half I papered for when I glued with QS glue stick. Having an organized work station is a must.
                            4. Only using the QS rulers, they are the best!!! No slip, accurate piecing and easy to see markings.
                            5. I used small Post-It notes to identify what each piece should be and size on the specific page of the book.

And here is my work in progress, revised from prior. Just need to figure out how to finish it!
                            Pictures need to be rotated clockwise, for some reason I am unable to download with them with the orientation of how I took them!
                            Anita in Costa Mesa, CA.

Comment

Cutting measurements for finishing:
                              What size did Alex say to cut 1/2 square triangles for inside quilt? I do not want to deal with all the bias created by 1/4 square triangles.
                              What size do you cut 1/2 square triangles on border edges?

Comment

I cannot get my picture to show up. I did this last week, but now after I add file and submit there is no picture. Can anyone help me. I read that there is a video that shows how to do this, but I can't find the video. Any help will be must appreciated.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 45 users online. 0 members and 45 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X