[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by "KimmieZ" post=149273
    Thanks Barbara! Are the notes Alex made regarding errors in the book? Or, do they just pertain to the quilt in discussion?
    No errors in the book, just her notes. There are sizes that are hard to cut accurately. like a 2" square in a square. The book gives usual sizes but you will have to be very careful with seam allowances. That is a great block/unit to paper piece, completely accurate--just draw it on paper and piece it that way.

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
    North Alabama, USA
    "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

I finished my It's a Mystery to Me Kaffe quilt, but since it was a mystery to me also, I titled it "A Mystery to Me Squared". Since I am already a perfectionist at heart, my challenge was to make the blocks wonky, a la Jan Mullens or Mary Lou Weidman. The backgrounds are all white with black polka dots and the slices through the Kaffe Brassica are all black/white stripes. Believe me, it was a challenge to think outside the box and let go, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
      My only disappointment was that it finished out as a square. It sure didn't appear to be that way up on my design wall in diagonal rows. I quilted it in straight lines on the diagonal in the direction of the flow of the slices, but left 6 blocks to custom quilt.
      Thank you, Alex!

Comment

dlynn131, thank you, now the pressure is on to make sure I finish it as I do have alot of WIPs that I really shoul be working on during this extra time at home...but this is so much more fun. I agree that everyone's ideas are so creative and inspiring.

Comment

Oitsewkay, that is just stunning!

Comment

bbauwens, your aboriginal fabric and blocks are just so lovely. I first saw aboriginal fabric at Paducah at their booth and the gentleman explained how the designs were created and what they meant. Have loved them since.

Comment

Today I worked on the layout for my quilt (tomorrow I go back to work ...I work in the office at a high school) so I won't have much time for quilting except on the weekends. I like it so far but want to make it bigger so I am not sure where I will go from here.

I am enjoying seeing all the layouts here in the forum. You are all so creative!

Comment

Thank you, Quiltgrubby! The side-setting triangles are actually a soft blue Grunge fabric. I was going to use the white (also a Grunge with streaks of green) but didn't have enough...so I used my blue. In person, all the colors are really beautiful together, thanks to Kaffe and Alex!

Comment

Not sewn together
                  What do I need to change

Comment

What size do yo cut 1/2 square triangles on edge

Comment

This was a fun block! I have only two striped fabric in my stash. :unsure:
                      The other wouldn't do. So this one almost looks like thread.

Comment

Originally posted by "oitsewkay" post=149280
                        I finished my It's a Mystery to Me Kaffe quilt, but since it was a mystery to me also, I titled it "A Mystery to Me Squared". Since I am already a perfectionist at heart, my challenge was to make the blocks wonky, a la Jan Mullens or Mary Lou Weidman. The backgrounds are all white with black polka dots and the slices through the Kaffe Brassica are all black/white stripes. Believe me, it was a challenge to think outside the box and let go, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.
                        My only disappointment was that it finished out as a square. It sure didn't appear to be that way up on my design wall in diagonal rows. I quilted it in straight lines on the diagonal in the direction of the flow of the slices, but left 6 blocks to custom quilt.
                        Thank you, Alex!
                        A quilt for 'Alice in Wonderland'!

Comment

I love the fun aspect of your unique designs.

Comment

Love it. I might steal that idea. I have lots of stripes.

Comment

Oitsewkay, I love what you've done. You set your own rules and WOW! Just beautiful. Love it.

Comment

Oitsokay, stunning I just love it!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 54 users online. 0 members and 54 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X