[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I found a color wheel online at https://www.canva.com/colors/color-wheel/ It sure is fun to play with.

Comment

From beginning: Double X #31; Golden Gate #40; Flock #34; New Album #60; Single Wedding Ring #85; Whirlwind #108; Sawtooth Star #82. Use the number at top, opposite name of block (not page number at bottom) These are all in order in their assignment (I used post-it tabs to put order number). I've found that you can stop her video but not rewind if you want to review parts. Alex is making two, but left it up to us to decide. I'm making just one because I'm a little slow and in order to keep up. You can always continue to make a second one later. I may decide to do that because there's so much fabric remaining, or make two quilts. I hope this helps.

Comment

all my blocks and some of the last one

Comment

Love this block and the background fabric!

Comment

Fabulous color combo - love that KF fabric! What is it?

Comment

All of my blocks so far

Comment

Getting my mojo finally. Started to arrange my blocks. The stripy center will have some kind of appliqué on it, TBD!

Comment

Getting my mojo finally. The large striped block in the to-be center will be appliqué with something. Loving this, thanks Alex!!
                  From Anita S in Costa Mesa, CA.

Comment

[quote="asherbanee" post=148732]Getting my mojo finally. The large striped block in the to-be center will be appliqué with something. Loving this, thanks Alex!!

Love your idea with the striped block and the plan for some applique... love to add a little applique to my quilts. I might have to do something similar when it comes down to it- we shall see how it all comes together.

Comment

asherbanee Getting my mojo finally. The large striped block in the to-be center will be appliqué with something. Loving this, thanks Alex!!

Love your idea with the striped block and the plan for some applique... love to add a little applique to my quilts. I might have to do something similar when it comes down to it- we shall see how it all comes together.

Comment

Wawasteele your grey and black Sarah's Choice is stunning!

Comment

Here are my blocks so far. I am really outside my comfort zone, but having a blast doing it and dramatically improving my accuracy. I'm thinking of taking my Double X blocks and "floating them on point in the Kaffe fabrics to a 9" block. I need to start adding in the prints and some 9" or more 12" blocks.

Comment

So, like many of us, I am looking ahead to settings for these blocks. I am working from my stash, with a taupe and lavender palette. I don't have large scale Kaffe fabrics, or indeed any large scale print, to draw on. I want to have at least an approximate idea of setting to assure I keep enough fabric for alternate blocks or sashings. My current thought is to use a taupe log cabin as an alternate block, with light/dark alternating in stripes, like this. If I have blocks on point like this, I definitely want to look for blocks that work well like that - maybe baskets? What do you think?

Comment

Everyday I move everything around. So fun to play with colors any layouts.

Comment

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 352 users online. 0 members and 352 guests.

Most users ever online was 358 at 04:14 PM on 09-28-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X