Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really like the sawtooth stars.

Comment

So I decided to do what many of you have been doing, and put each block with a Kaffe fabric from the set I got in the mail. A couple of the blocks I had to stretch my imagination to make them go with one of the fabrics. Shaking my head. But I made it work, and I like what's going on with them. So I picked a couple of Kaffe fabrics that didn't have anything with them yet for both Fridays and todays blocks Whirlwind and Sawtooth Star. My color wheel hasn't arrived yet, so I can't tell you how they fit on the color wheel. I just know they go with the Kaffe. (Sorry I didn't photograph them with the Kaffe fabrics.) Next time I will try to remember do so. I also want to say what Donna2018 said and add my hip hip hooray for Alex and the mystery quilt. I haven't got the Sawtooth completed yet, ran out of time today... but I love love love the method for the flying geese. I think these are the best one's I've ever done.

Comment

Is there a list of the blocks we are supposed to have made. I know sometimes she posts 2. I have redone through the videos and tried to write down all the blocks, then discovered that I was adding blocks from the previous class, not the mystery. I hope I did this right. I will post some pictures when I relearn how to do that too!!

Comment

I finished #7 today. I included a block yesterday and thought it was #7, pinwheel. Oh well, I'm going to redesign it to add in later on. I planned to make a patriotic block that goes with the Kaffe fabric. It took me a while to go through my stash. Just any red wouldn't work. It had to be a deep raspberry red. The little heart is fused on, hoping to put a small embroidered edge on it.

Comment

Let me try again loading my picture of block 7.

Comment

Okay I'll try to post the pic of my blocks again. Oh and thank you John for helping Alex put on these seminars!!!!

Comment

My blocks so far!

Comment

I finished my Star and decided to do flying geese per the Quick and Easy Block tool boot page 35. The way she demonstrated. The block came out larger than 6” but here they are!!!! Need practice.

Comment

I finished my Star and decided to do flying geese per the Quick and Easy Block tool book. page 35. The way Alex

demonstrated. The block came out larger than 6” but here they are!!!! Need practice.

Comment

Comment

My blocks so far, as of last night.

I was not happy with either the Sawtooth and Modified Sawtooth Stars. So this morning I added a white triangle to the corners and am please with the result. Modified Sawtooth Star on the left and sort of regular one on the right.

Comment

Bleu Rose I love the heart on your star block, as well as the colors you chose.

Comment

Lindi--wonder warm colors to go with the Kaffe fabric. I like both color combinations.

Comment

Yesterday’s blocks. Got the idea for the blue from someone here that Alex showed in yesterday’s live.

Comment

So far.....

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 74 users online. 0 members and 74 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X