[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m struggling with all this color explosion. It is such a challenge for me!!! I am watching all the great pictures for inspiration.

Have a sewing weekend all!

Comment

[quote="hapi2so" post=148823]I’m struggling with all this color explosion. It is such a challenge for me]

I am really loving it.

Comment

Just a thought to play with, (maybe), but in another post, someone talked about the whites being too light and changing some of the blocks because of it. I would like to suggest another option to try out and that would be to put your white Kaffe in the center with the blocks just as they are, then surround them with the darker colors rotating around that center . That will now make the light your focal point much llike a center square Amish quilt or the Trip Around the World design. Not sure if that fits in with your original concept, but just what came to me based on what I had read previously. You might want to just forget those very white ones for this project if you want a totally blended feel. I don't know how to make white blend in in a much darker quilt. But it looks great to me!

Comment

Wonderful!

Comment

This is so polished already, I couldn't tell it was the real fabric /blocks. I thought at first it was the picture from EQ! I would say you hit the magic wand with purple in this one!! Great job!

Comment

I like your suggestions, Helen. I will play around with them. Thanks!

Comment

Love your color combo!

Comment

I LOVE IT!

Comment

WOW!!!

Comment

You are inspiring!

Comment

I really love the sawtooth block when it's in a vertical setting. When it's turned on point it looks completely different and I don't like it as well. So I created a horizontal version.

Comment

That is gorgeous Donna 2018!

Comment

Well this is what i gave done so far to catch up. I just got my fabric this last Monday. You won't see the Single Wedding Ring block in here cause I'm having trouble with it. I have checked, double checked, and yes triple plus checked my cutting sizes and they

are all correct. BUT... when I put my 2 1/2" cutting ruler, marked in 1/4" all around like Alex said, on my center sewed diamond square it is too big. By about an 8 th of an inch. Did anyone else have this problem? Very frustrating.

Comment

You can see in this on-point design how different the sawtooth block looks. I prefer the horizontal one.

Comment

I like the horizontal one too. It's beautiful.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 30 users online. 0 members and 30 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X