[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

hapi2so...your blocks look great. This is not in my box either as I usually sew with reproduction fabrics and a pattern, but I am learning so much. Hope you do too. Enjoy the process.

Comment

Originally posted by "jtutton" post=148592
      Well, Whirlwind was a bit challenging but I got my blocks done. Really trying to mix up the colors I combine by using the Brassica as a guide.
      Your whirlwind blocks look great. I made the Old Windmill block instead.

Comment

With encouragement to proceed with black fabric instead of white, here is what I have so far. I sewed and ripped and sewed and ripped "Flock" about 4 times until I was happy with the joining, but then didn't like the color combo, so haven't gone back to that block yet. I always have a plan for EVERYTHING, so enjoying the challenge/joy
        of this experience.

Comment

GradyK, I like your black fabric blocks very much. There's enough light in the Kaffe fabrics to act as a "spark" in the mix. I haven't started mine yet so yours give me something to consider!
          Kathy

[quote="gradyk" post=148615]With encouragement to proceed with black fabric instead of white, here is what I have so far. I sewed and ripped and sewed and ripped "Flock" about 4 times until I was happy with the joining, but then didn't like the color combo, so haven't gone back to that block yet. I always have a plan for EVERYTHING, so enjoying the challenge/joy
          of this experience.

Comment

gradyK -- your blocks and color are awesome! I love the black. I was always a white background quilter, but a few years ago discovered that I really like black. It will be a good contrast with the Kaffe prints!

Comment

gradyk...the black background looks great.

Comment

My blocks so far with their inspiration fabrics - enjoying this so much!

Comment

It seems more like Goldenrod or School Bus! I really like the dark green.

Comment

The black is awesome -- and I think I even prefer it over the white background.

Originally posted by "gradyk" post=148615
                    With encouragement to proceed with black fabric instead of white, here is what I have so far. I sewed and ripped and sewed and ripped "Flock" about 4 times until I was happy with the joining, but then didn't like the color combo, so haven't gone back to that block yet. I always have a plan for EVERYTHING, so enjoying the challenge/joy
                    of this experience.

Comment

wow, love the black, what pop it gives!!

Comment

I’m new at this forum. We’ll see if I do it right.
                        My blocks so far. I’m picking colors by referencing the colored dots on the selvage of the KF fabric.
                        Is this a good idea? Should I make blocks from the solid fabric according to my taste?
                        Thank you,
                        Mary

Comment

I am thinking that I will make some 6" blocks and also some 9" blocks and see where I go from there. I would probably make some strips like flying geese or HST to help sew in the 6" blocks. I'm about ready to start sewing them now that I have the thread Alex recommended as well as the color wheel. Last night I quickly matched solids to the Kaffe fabric and there was a lot of ah's going on in my head. This project will definitely be fun.

Comment

Doing a virtual Kaffe Mystery Quilt with my EQ8 software. Having lots of fun refreshing my mind how to use the software.
                            Don't have Kaffe in my stash but the software lets you bring it in from fabric online. This quilt was designed with Grady K in mind.
                            Love her idea of black background. Put in a black sashing for transition between colors. HelenW

Comment

Helen, what a fantastic visual this is for everyone! Thank you!

https://bbquiltmaker.blogspot.com
                              North Alabama, USA
                              "I am a part of all that I have met" A. Lord Tennyson

Comment

More blocks to come

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 35 users online. 0 members and 35 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X