[vb_side_2]
[vb_main_1]

Kaffe Mystery Quilt

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, Whirlwind was a bit challenging but I got my blocks done. Really trying to mix up the colors I combine by using the Brassica as a guide.

Comment

Thank you so much. From now on I think I will write them on my calendar and then they will be easy to find.

Comment

On Alex live today, she said it should be back in the store now and, if not it would be soon.

Comment

Love your whirlwind blocks.
          Originally posted by "jtutton" post=148592
          Well, Whirlwind was a bit challenging but I got my blocks done. Really trying to mix up the colors I combine by using the Brassica as a guide.

Comment

Originally posted by "laurieschierer" post=148562
            I have 10 grandchildren
            lol I have 8 grandchildren and am working on twin quilts in the hopes that one of them will choose one to use, take to college, whatever. Most are still too young so I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by "sewskeel" post=148589
              Today’s work
              Thanks Alex, I am learning so much
              Looking great!

Comment

I am having so much fun with this project. Here are the two Single Wedding Ring blocks I made. I cut the square in a square centre at two inches which is too big so I had to start my first block over as it wouldn't go together. I used my least favourite colour in one of these blocks. Can you guess what it is?

Comment

My question is, do each of the 4 units in the whirlwind block measure 3" finished (3.5" unfinished)? They sure look like Cat's cradle blocks so I might use my Cat's Cradle template to make them.

This is a fun quilt to be making along with everyone. I just received the color wheel that Alex is using and I'm sure it will expand my color vision! I've never used Kaffe fabric before so this is also a new experience. I really appreciate that Alex is making You Tube videos so that if we can't always catch her live, we can still watch the program. And Alex--you make the learning a lot of fun--thanks!

Comment

Mustard?

Originally posted by "djane" post=148598
                    I am having so much fun with this project. Here are the two Single Wedding Ring blocks I made. I cut the square in a square centre at two inches which is too big so I had to start my first block over as it wouldn't go together. I used my least favourite colour in one of these blocks. Can you guess what it is?

Comment

DianeRoss...you are correct. It is actually more orange and orange is probably my least favourite colour but I don't mind the look of the block.

Comment

Originally posted by "djane" post=148601
                        DianeRoss...you are correct. It is actually more orange and orange is probably my least favourite colour but I don't mind the look of the block.
                        I think the block looks great!

Comment

They are so beautiful love the color

Comment

This is beautiful! I'm so happy I haven't put anything together yet. The forum is providing so many great design ideas.

Comment

Orange was always my least favorite also... but I do love color. We were fortunate to live in Italy for 2 years with my husbands job (engineer for a high tech firm). I fell in love with Orange while living there. Now it reminds me of Italy. I like what Alex has said about colors we don't like - that we don't understand them. I guess that was me with Orange. Not trying to sell you on the color, just mentioning that I too was once where you are. ha ha ha - it took time in Italy for me to get over it, maybe I came to understand it there? I don't know. Your blocks are lovely.

Originally posted by "djane" post=148598
                              [/quote]

Comment

Hi all. I’ve been inspired by the great pictures. Although I’m not the best for seeing ahead, I decided to post my blocks with my Kaffe inspiration pieces. Gives me an idea of what other colors I can use. (Must use color wheel!). This is so out of my comfort zone.
                                Have a great weekend.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 43 users online. 0 members and 43 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X