[vb_main_1]

Member Blog Notifications

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all -

My final hand-made gift for this Christmas is a table runner made with my favorite Kaffe Fassett fabrics. It includes some big stitch hand quilting and some dense machine background quilting. If interested, you can read about it here.

Thanks!

Comment

Happy Christmas Lance

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Nancy, I really like your table runner. What size pearle cotton did you use for the quilting? I've never tried it, but I sure like the looks of yours.

Comment

Originally posted by "NanaPie" post=143038
          Nancy, I really like your table runner. What size pearle cotton did you use for the quilting? I've never tried it, but I sure like the looks of yours.
          Thank you! I used a size 5 perl cotton, DMC brand. It was really hard to pull that thick thread through the cotton batting, but it really makes a statement. I'll probably try size 8 or 12 next time to see how bold it is with the (hopefully) easier stitching.

Comment

I downloaded the pdf (and like your fabric colors better!). Next on my list after I finish the 2014 BOM. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

I hope you will share your version when it's finished. I'd love to see it!! (I paper-pieced the kite blocks rather than making them with the templates provided by the pattern. I thought that was a lot easier and more accurate.)

Comment

I love the table runner and seeing your quilting plan shows how good Kaffe would look against a grey fabric.

Mug rugger and lounge lizard

Comment

Nancy, I love the tablerunner. Your quilting just makes it so 3 dimensional. It's a beauty!

Merry Christmas!
                  geneva
                  Geneva

Comment

I finished a small gift bag. I shared a photo of our tree. Thanks for being part of the joy in my life!

Comment

Terry,
                      Merry Christmas! Your gift bags are so cute!
                      Your tree and decorations are so happy and calm.

I, too have had similar family connections that are broken and painful. Last January when I was feeling so vulnerable, one of Bonnie Hunter's daily sayings came up on fb. I printed it, and hung it right in front of my cutting table. It has given me such peace.

"Stop wasting emotional energy on things that don't matter or on people who don't value you." Bonnie K. Hunter.

A hug to you my friend! I so enjoy your blog posts and look forward to them in 2018!

geneva
                      Geneva

Comment

I finished the top to an online mystery BOM and I posted about a guild I joined that meets closer to my home.

Over the next week, I'll be considering what progress I would like to make on projects in 2018. Do you make a plan?

Comment

Terry, your blogs have inspired me. I really enjoy them. One of my resolutions is to keep track of the fabric I use from my stash and I have begun! Happy New Year!

Comment

I'm still recovering from the crud. Yesterday, I quilted a bit so I know that I am on the mend! I posted here about my goals for the first quarter of the year. You too can participate in the finish a long and you have until January 15 to post your intentions.
                            I also reviewed the longer term goals I had made last year and set a few more goals for 2018. I posted about that process here.

Comment

Hi Nancy!

Thanks for the link to Kaffe's Kite Runner, I've also downloaded the PDF. Surprisingly the site recognized me I've purchased Kaffe's fabric in the past but from a different website.

Barb :-)

Comment

Thanks, Barb! I hope you'll share your version with us!!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 48 users online. 0 members and 48 guests.

Most users ever online was 231 at 03:55 AM on 06-12-2024.

Forum Stats

Collapse

Topics: 7,646   Posts: 144,737   Members: 16,641   Active Members: 5
                                Welcome to our newest member, Lev Anderson-LevTest1.

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Trending

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X